VesselsValue was launched earlier this year by London based S&P broker Seasure Shipping Ltd. The service provides instant, data-driven ship valuations and market insights for vessels and portfolios which are currently being used by sophisticated players in the commercial banking, investment fund, ownership and broking sectors.
The service signals a change in the way ocean going vessels are valued. Where traditional valuation methods can be expensive, slow and subject to bias, VesselsValue provides them cheaply, instantly, consistently and accurately.
The methodology incorporates ship specifications, real time sales and freight earning sentiment enabling market valuations of vessels in even the most illiquid markets. This model is continually updated and recalibrated daily to give the closest possible fit to reported sale prices. Accuracy is tested and reported by comparing valuations against prices achieved in the market.
VesselsValue believe that by adding Containerships to the service they will provide a much needed benchmark for ship values in this sector.
A few of the benefits:
• Instantaneous, confidential and accurate current and historical market values for specific vessels and portfolios
• Fully checked and daily updated sales lists, vessel specifications and ownership information
• Data exports, valuation certificates, interactive charts and automated alerts
• Potential for significant cost savings and efficiency improvements
What it is being used for:
• Accurate and up to the minute analysis of shipping companies asset values
• Trading strategies and analysis
• Support of Sale and Purchase activities
• Loan, covenant and risk analysis
VesselsValue is available on subscription basis or pay-as-you-go to suit individual users as well as large organisations. For more information or to speak to one of their analysts readers can contact Sales and Marketing Manager Georgina Gavin on +44 (0) 20 3142 6549 email@example.com