In this HOT PORT NEWS, read about:
- Germany, Kiel Canal – All locks back ins ervice
- Australia, Port Kembla – Upload on Coal Terminal dispute
DATE: February 08, 2012 – COUNTRY: Germany – PORT: Kiel Canal – All locks back in service
The Kiel Canal Authority has announced that all locks are now back in service. This comes after the New Big South Lock Chamber at Brunsbuettel was closed due to ice on Monday (6 February).
(For information about operations in Germany contact the GAC UK Hub Agency Centre at email@example.com)
Source: Sartori & Berger, Germany – GAC network agents
DATE: February 08, 2012 – COUNTRY: Australia – PORT: Port Kembla – Upload on Coal Terminal dispute
Port Kembla Coal Terminal (PKCT) has sent an update on the resumption of work at 0700 hours today (8 February) and planned continuous roll-on strikes from tomorrow (9 February), as follows:
– 48 hours duration commencing 0700 on Thursday 9 February until 0659 on Saturday 11 February;
– 48 hours duration commencing 0700 on Sunday 12 February until 0659 on Tuesday 14 February;
– 12 hours duration commencing 0700 until 1859 on Wednesday 15 February 15;
– 24 hours duration commencing 0700 on Saturday 18 February until 0659 on Sunday 19 February.
The PKCT workforce has resumed work at 0700 today and are moving stackers, clearing belts, etc. and looking to resume cargo loading.
For information about operations in Australia contact GAC Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org