In this HOT PORT NEWS, read about:
- Worldwide – World Holidays: 12-25 February 2012
- Singapore, Singapore – Construction of sea water intake structure off Jurong Island
DATE: February 11, 2012 – COUNTRY: Worldwide -W orld Holidays: 12-25 February 2012
Public holidays around the world in the coming two weeks include the following: Mon 20 Feb-Tue 21 Feb – Carnival Wed 22 Feb – Ash Wednesday Sat 25 Feb – Kuwait National Day
DATE: February 11, 2012 – COUNTRY: Singapore – PORT: Singapore -Construction of sea water intake structure off Jurong Island
The duration of the works period for the construction of a sea water intake structure off Jurong Island has been extended.
According to the Maritime and Port of Singapore’s Port Marine Notice No.14 of 2012, the work will be conducted 24 hours daily – including Sundays & Public Holidays – from 20 February to 19 August 2012, within the working area bounded by the following coordinates (WGS 84 Datum): A) 01° 16.978’N / 103° 40.347’E B) 01° 17.028’N / 103° 40.418’E C) 01° 16.996’N / 103° 40.440’E D) 01° 16.947’N / 103° 40.369’E
The construction of the sea water intake structure will entail dredging works, installation of piles, the removal of existing revetment and the reinstatement works on the revetment.
A safety boat will be deployed to warn other craft of the working area.
Craft involved in the works will exhibit the appropriate local and international day and night signals.
When in the vicinity of the working area, mariners are reminded to:
- (a) Keep well clear and not to enter the working area;
- (b) Maintain a proper lookout;
- (c) Proceed at a safe speed & navigate with caution;
- (d) Maintain a listening watch on VHF channel 22 (Jurong Control); and
- (e) Communicate with Jurong Control on VHF 22 for assistance, if required.
For information about operations in Singapore contact GAC Singapore at email@example.com