In this HOT PORT NEWS, read about:
- Worldwide – World Holidays: 11-25 March 2012
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong – Seawall reinstatement works
DATE: March 10, 2012 – COUNTRY: Worldwide – World Holidays: 11-25 March 2012
Public holidays around the world in the coming two weeks include the following:
- Tue 20 Mar – Tunisia Independence Day
- Sun 25 Mar – Greek Independence Day
DATE: March 10, 2012 – COUNTRY: Hong Kong – PORT: Hong Kong – Seawall reinstatement works
For approximately 3 months, seawall reinstatement works will be carried out [at Tai Tam Harbour] within the area bounded by straight lines joining the following co-ordinates (WGS 84 Datum) from (A) to (D) and the adjacent shoreline:
- (A) 22 deg. 14.454’N / 114 deg. 13.438’E
- (B) 22 deg. 14.457’N / 114 deg. 13.456’E
- (C) 22 deg. 14.316’N / 114 deg. 13.474’E
- (D) 22 deg. 14.318’N / 114 deg. 13.545’E
The construction materials will be conveyed to the above works area by two flat top pontoons from a derrick lighter anchored within the transshipment area bounded by straight lines joining the following co-ordinates (WGS 84 Datum) from (E) to (H):
- (E) 22 deg. 13.661’N / 114 deg. 13.419’E
- (F) 22 deg. 13.661’N / 114 deg. 13.458’E
- (G) 22 deg. 13.623’N / 114 deg. 13.458’E
- (H) 22 deg. 13.623’N / 114 deg. 13.419’E
A working area of approximately 30 metres around the derrick lighter will be established. Yellow marker buoys fitted with yellow flashing lights will be laid to mark the positions of the anchors extending from the derrick lighter.
The hours of work will be from 0700 to 1900 hours. No works will be carried out on Sundays and public holidays.
Vessels employed for the works will stay in the works area and transshipment area outside the hours of work.
A silt curtain, extending from the sea surface to the seabed, will be established within the works area. The silt curtain is a large piece of netting used to contain mud and sediments. Yellow markers fitted with yellow flashing lights will be laid to mark the extent of the silt curtain.
Vessels engaged in the operations will display signals as prescribed in international and local regulations. Vessels navigating in the vicinity should proceed with caution.
(For information about operations in Hong Kong contact GAC Hong Kong at email@example.com)
Source: Government of Hong Kong SAR Marine Department Notice No.36 of 2012