New York, March 2012-Capital Link was recognized as the ‘Premier International Shipping & Maritime Investor Relations Firm – North America & Europe’ by InterContinental Finance Magazine based on nominations received by the magazine’s publishers during mid-last week. The “InterContinental Finance Magazine 2012 Continent Awards” recognize those firms that have excelled over their competitors because of their continued quality of advice, customer service, and business prowess. Winning firms are recognized for their excellence not just within their own country, but also on a global scale.
This is the second industry award for Capital Link.
In December 2011, it was recognized by Lloyd’s List for its contribution to the shipping industry.
Nicolas Bornozis, President of Capital Link, mentioned: “We are humbled and proud to receive this prestigious Award, which further recognizes and validates our efforts and commitment to the industry and to our clients. Capital Link is privileged to have become the “go-to” destination for information and insight on shipping and the maritime sector, serving as an effective link between public and private sector companies, the investment and financial community, and trade and financial media. While we maintain focus on the individual needs and objectives of each client, we also look to the industry as a whole as we seek to raise awareness to a wider audience about shipping and the maritime sector as well as their vital and enduring role in the global economy and trade. Given the challenging market conditions at present, we believe that our mission and role is even more significant. This Award motivates us to continue and reinforce our efforts.”
About InterContinental Finance Magazine: InterContinental Finance Magazine has become an industry leading publication, providing its readership with clear and concise reports and reviews, highlighting the very best of advisors and financiers, across all Continents, whilst displaying global transactional activity. Each monthly edition provides the 98, 000 readers with content to make informed decisions as to what firms they would be wise to bring on board, to assist them in corporate matters, whether of a transactional nature, or simply ongoing assistance to ensure their businesses are applying good governance in all areas. For more information: http://www.intercontinental-finance.com.
About Capital Link, Inc.: Capital Link is a New York-based advisory, investor relations, and financial communications firm. Capitalizing on our in-depth knowledge of the shipping industry and capital markets, Capital Link has made a strategic commitment to the industry, becoming the largest provider of investor relations and financial communications services to international shipping companies listed on the U.S. and European Exchanges. Capital Link’s headquarters are in New York with a presence in London and Athens.
In our effort to enhance the information flow to the investment community and improve awareness about shipping and the maritime sector to a wider audience, Capital Link has undertaken a series of initiatives beyond the traditional scope of our investor relations activity, such as:
• www.CapitalLinkShipping.com: A free, web-based resource that provides information on the major shipping and stock market indices, as well as on all shipping stocks, it also features an earnings and conference call calendar every quarter, industry reports from major industry participants, and interviews with CEOs, analysts, and other market participants.
• Weekly Capital Link Shipping Markets Report: A free weekly report with information on the news and activity of all U.S., UK, and Milan listed shipping companies, it offers a review of the dry bulk, tanker, container, sales, and purchase shipping markets, a review of the equity and bond markets for shipping, interviews, company profiles, and more. This report is distributed to an extensive audience in the U.S. and European shipping investor community.
• Sector Forums & Webinars: Capital Link organizes panel discussions among CEOs and analysts on various shipping sectors (container, dry bulk, and tanker) and on other major topics of interest.
• Capital Link Investor Shipping Forums: Spanning across New York, Athens, and London, these forums bring together investors, financial advisors, listed companies’ CEOs, analysts, and shipping industry participants.
• www.MaritimeIndices.com: Through the Capital Link Maritime Indices, Capital Link has developed and maintains a series of stock market maritime indices, which track the performance of U.S. listed shipping stocks (CL maritime Index, CL Dry Bulk Index, CL Tanker Index, CL Container Index, CL LNG/LPG Index, CL Mixed Fleet Index, CL Shipping MLP Index – Bloomberg page: CPLI). These Indices are also accessible through Bloomberg, Reuters, and FactSet