“Harris Pye already has offices throughout the world, including (in the Middle East) Sharjah, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Oman and Saudi Arabia, ” says Harris Pye Gulf L.L.C. Business Development Manager, Ken Eaton.
“Establishing a prominent presence in Qatar with Sora is a major boon for the company and we are delighted to sign this agreement with Sora.” Sora and Harris Pye will work together both in securing and fulfilling all manner of marine and power industry engineering contracts in the region, from boiler plant supply and servicing through to vessel conversion works.
Sora is a highly respected Qatari company with a combined total of over 120 years’ international marine experience, including the set-up of Qatar’s dry dock. They played a major part on the procurement and project management of the first 10 LNG carriers built for Qatar. They were also involved in the creation of Nakilat (the largest LNG shipping company in the world); and the implementation of one of the largest contracts in shipping history, where over 55 state-of-the-art ships were acquired for all the LNG projects in Qatar.
Harris Pye operates globally on a 24/7 basis, and with 19 offices worldwide, offers full ship repair services and in situ repair, upgrade and conversion of rigs, semi-submersibles, trading tankers, FSU, FSO, FPSO and FSRU units. Their marine engineering services are in many cases equally applicable to industrial engineering requirements, and their investment in finning machine extensions has led to the Group being able to serve new markets across the global power, oil and gas, petrochemical and marine industries; as well as being able to respond quickly to emergency failures of exhaust gas boilers and economisers.
The company has experienced dramatic growth and expansion over the last decade, with a turnover increase in excess of 60% in the last five years alone. Further information on the Harris Pye Group is at www.harrispye.com and on Sora at www.soramarine.com
About Harris Pye
- The Harris Pye Group is a rapidly expanding global player with active involvement in many key marine and industrial sectors. Operating worldwide on a 24/7 basis, the Group’s emphasis is on cost effective repair, preventative maintenance and conversion work.
- Staff strength within the Group has grown from 10 in 1976 to a thousand employees in their United Kingdom head office facility (at Barry in South Wales) and main stations in Sharjah and Singapore; and offices and repair facilities in Australia, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Brazil, China, Dubai, Japan, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Scandinavia.
- The Group has an enviable reputation as one of the world’s leading specialists in repair of marine and industrial boilers, including all associated steam systems. A constant stock of over 400 tons of premium quality steel and alloy tubes ensures rapid reaction to clients’ repair requirements. The Group has recently undergone substantial planned growth, and expanded by means of internal expansion and acquisition, into areas complimentary to its core business.
- Harris Pye has expertise in automation, control engineering and ship repair; industrial services; the manufacture of food-grade stainless steel galley/land-based kitchen equipment; and ship outfitting. Over the past 10 years, the Group has also successfully developed its service to the offshore oil industry to include in situ repair, upgrade and conversion of rigs, semi-submersibles, trading tankers, FSU, FSO, FPSO and FSRU units.
- The Group philosophy is to provide a global service with a focus on supplying top quality products and fast and efficient customer service.
Further information at www.harrispye.com