UK-based marine inert gas and ballast water treatment specialists Coldharbour Marine Ltd have joined the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST) Marine Partner scheme as a Marine Affiliate, able to draw on the numerous advantages of corporate partnership with IMarEST, the leading professional body for the global marine community.
“We’ve chosen to do this in part in order to show how much we value our staff, and how eager we are to encourage them to take advantage of our investment in their skills’ development through the avenues opened up to us by becoming IMarEST Marine Affiliates, ” says Andrew Marshall, Chief Executive Officer, Coldharbour Marine Ltd. “We are also keen to take advantage of many other opportunities offered by membership.”
“We are delighted to welcome Coldharbour Marine as Marine Affiliates, which offers them a package of services, employee engagement, professional development opportunities, networking, technical support and information opportunities, providing them with a platform to demonstrate their strong commitment to developing employee skills, ” says IMarEST’s Chief Executive, David Loosley.
“Each partner in the scheme, and we now have over 40 globally, has different needs and we develop our partnership arrangements to suit those requirements. Our relationship with Coldharbour Marine got off to a flying start when they sponsored our Ballast Water Technology Conference earlier this year, and Andrew Marshall took part in a Technical Panel at the event. It is good to see opportunities like this grasped at such an early start in our relationship.”
Coldharbour Marine, based in Derbyshire in the heart of England, has offices in Greece, China, Japan and South Korea, and can trace its origins back more than 35 years. Their products and designs are used extensively in both the marine and offshore sectors. “Our focus is on engineering excellence, combined with the intelligent application of rugged, advanced technologies into extreme environments, ” explains Andrew Marshall.
“We are continually developing and enhancing our products in response to changing operational and legislative pressures; and provide our customers with the advantage of our forward thinking by future-proofing our technologies wherever possible. The new Coldharbour range of 3rd generation Inert Gas Generations; our range of patented, ultra compact quench scrubber systems; and our effective Ballast Water Treatment system are typical examples.”
from Samantha Carter, Manager, Marine Partners & Exhibitions, IMarEST, Aldgate House, 33 Aldgate High Street, London, EC3N 1EN, UK. Tel: +44 (0)20 7382 2639; Fax: +44 (0)20 7382 2667; Email: email@example.com
• The IMarEST (Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology) is the leading membership body and learned society for marine professionals, industry, research and education, with 50 branches and 15, 000 members worldwide
• Professional Recognition: qualifications for membership are based on the educational background and/or multi-disciplinary experience ensuring that high professional standards are maintained
• The only membership body that can award Chartered Marine Scientist and Technologist, Chartered, Incorporated and Engineering Technician status to their professional engineering counterparts
• The IMarEST is part of the Marine Engineering, Science and Technology Federation
• IMarEST Marine Partners: a membership network for organisations in industry, research and education operating in the marine and offshore sectors
• Maritime journals include MER (Marine Engineers Review); Shipping World & Shipbuilder incorporating Maritime IT & Electronics; The Marine Scientist; and the Journal of Operational Oceanography.
• IMarEST Publications: Technical Proceedings Journal of Marine Engineering and Technology (JMET), Journal of Operational Oceanography (JOO) and a catalogue of 100+/- books
• The IMarEST Library is now housed at Lloyd’s Register at 71 Fenchurch Street, where IMarEST members and non-members alike have access to an extraordinary knowledge base. There is member-only access to a small but growing number of eBooks via www.imarest.org/knowlege.
• IMarEST organises 30-40 events and conferences annually; and was the host organisation for the World Maritime Technology Conference held in London 6-10 March 2006
Issued on behalf of IMarEST by Judith Patten @ JPPR