In this HOT PORT NEWS, read about:
- Worldwide – World Holidays: 3-16 June 2012
- Norway, all ports – PIlots’ strike called off, no news on security guards
- Kuwait, all ports – Dusty weather and strong winds halt port movements
- DATE: June 02, 2012 – COUNTRY: Worldwide – World Holidays: 3-16 June 2012
Public holidays around the world in the coming two weeks include the following:
- Mon 4 Jun – Feast of the Holy Spirit (Greece)
- Mon 4 Jun – Spring Bank Holiday (UK)
- Tue 5 Jun – Diamond Jubilee Holiday (UK)
- Wed 6 Jun – Sweden National Day
- Thu 7 Jun – Corpus Christi
- Sun 10 Jun – Portuguese National Day
- Tue 12 Jun – Philippines Independence Day
- Tue 12 Jun – Russia Day
DATE: June 02, 2012 – COUNTRY: Norway – PORT: all ports- Pilots’ strike called off, no news on security guards
The strike by pilots in the Oslofjord and the 103 pilot boat skippers in Norway is over, following an agreement reached in wage negotiations.
NCA pilots in the Oslofjord have been on strike for about a week, while pilot boat skippers came out when the strike was stepped up.
NCA is now working hard to get the situation back to normal and to catch up with pilotage that has been on hold.
Meanwhile, there is no news about whether the country’s security guard strike will escalate to involve security guards at oil terminals. Owners are advised not to plan any crew changes in other Norwegian port unless absolute necessary as long as the situation is uncertain.
Exxon, Slagentangen Oil Terminal No strike. Business as normal.
Mongstad There will be strike in G4S from 06:00 on Monday (4 June) unless parties come to an agreement.
Actions to be taken:
- All visitors and deliveries will be limited. Please contact those contacts were agreements have been made and inform/cancel.
- Ship crew will not be able to implement changes
- Service personnel to the ship will not be allowed.
For information about operations in Norway contact GAC Norway at firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: June 02, 2012 – COUNTRY: Kuwait – PORT: all ports – Dusty weather and strong winds halt port movements
All Kuwaiti port movements have been suspended from 0100 hours today (2 June), due to dusty weather/strong wind.
The local weather forecast is as follows:
Saturday 02/06/2012 07:00 Today: Dusty with moderate to fresh becoming strong at times north westerly wind, with speed of 30-60 km/h Tonight: Relatively hot with moderate to fresh north westerly wind, with speed of 20 – 45 km/h causing blowing dust Min 31 Max 42 Seas Today: Rough Waves: 4-7 ft Tonight: moderate to rough at times Waves: 3-7 ft
Sunday 03/06/2012 By day: Dusty with moderate to fresh becoming strong at times north westerly wind, with speed of 30-60 km/h By night: Dusty with moderate to fresh north westerly wind, with speed of 25-50 km/h Min 31 Max 42
For information about operations in Kuwait contact GAC Kuwait at email@example.com