In this HOT PORT NEWS, read about:
- Singapore, Jurong Port – Soil investigation underway off West Jurong Channel
- Australia, Hay Point – Port fees to rise
DATE: June 11, 2012 – COUNTRY: Singapore – PORT: Jurong Port Soil investigation underway off West Jurong Channel
Soil investigations works are underway until 23 June 2012 off the West Jurong Channel.
According to the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore’s Port Marine Notice No.79 of 2012, the works are being conducted 24 hours daily – including Sundays & Public Holidays – at the following marine borehole co-ordinates (WGS 84 Datum):
- MBH-1) 1° 17.712’N / 103° 40.736’E
- MBH-2) 1° 17.692’N / 103° 40.753’E
- MBH-3) 1° 17.671’N / 103° 40.727’E
- MBH-4) 1° 17.689’N / 103° 40.707’E
Soil investigation works will be carried out by means of borehole drilling using jack-up barge. A jack-up barge, with tug boats in attendance, = will have a circular safety working zone of 30 meters radius centered at the barge. Tugboats will be used for shifting the barges from one borehole location to another. A safety boat will be deployed in the vicinity of the working area to warn other craft of the project work.
Craft involved in the works will exhibit the appropriate local and international day and night signals.
When in the vicinity of the working area, mariners are reminded to:
- (a) Keep well clear and not to enter the safety zone of the barge;
- (b) Maintain a proper lookout;
- (c) Proceed at a safe speed and navigate with caution;
- (d) Maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 22 (Jurong Control); and
- (e) Communicate with Jurong Control on VHF Channel 22 for assistance, if required.
For information about operations in Singapore contact GAC Singapore at email@example.com
DATE: June 11, 2012 – COUNTRY: Australia – PORT: Hay Point Port fees to rise
With effect from 1 July 2012, Hay Point Coal Terminal/Towage charges will increase by 9% to A$47, 220.00 (excluding GST) for all vessels.
For information about operations in Australian ports contact GAC Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org