In this HOT PORT NEWS, read about:
- Singapore, Singapore – Autonomous system experiments off Tuas Bay
DATE: July 04, 2012 COUNTRY: Singapore PORT: Singapore Autonomous system experiments off Tuas Bay
From 3 August to 5 August, autonomous system experiments will be carried out off Tuas Bay.
According to the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore’s Port Marine Notice No.90 of 2012, the works will be conducted from 0800 hours to 1800 hours daily, within the working areas bounded by the following co-ordinates (WGS 84 Datum):
- 1) 01° 17.428’N / 103° 38.837’E
- 2) 01° 17.467’N / 103° 38.908’E
- 3) 01° 17.325’N / 103° 38.986’E
- 4) 01° 17.285’N / 103° 38.915’E
The experiments and collection of data will be carried out by deploying autonomous underwater vehicles in the working area. During the experiments, the autonomous underwater vehicles will be closely followed by the safety boats.
Craft involved in the works will exhibit the appropriate local and international day and night signals.
When in the vicinity of the working area, mariners are reminded to:
- (a) Keep well clear and not to enter the working area;
- (b) Maintain a proper lookout;
- (c) Proceed at a safe speed & navigate with caution;
- (d) Maintain a listening watch on VHF channel 22 (Jurong Control); and
- (e) Communicate with Jurong Control on VHF 22 for assistance, if required.
For information about operations in Singapore contact GAC Singapore at email@example.com