In this HOT PORT NEWS, read about:
- Worldwide – World Holidays: 5-18 August 2012
- Singapore, Singapore – Dredging at St Marine Waterfront
DATE: August 04, 2012 COUNTRY: Worldwide World Holidays: 5-18 August 2012
Public holidays around the world in the coming two weeks include the following:
- Thu 9 Aug – Singapore National Day Fri 10 Aug – Ecuador Independence Day
- Wed 15 Aug – Assumption Day/Feast of the Virgin
- Fri 17 Aug – Indonesian Independence Day
- Sat 18, Sun 19 & Mon 20 Aug – Eid Al Fitr
For information about operations around the world, contact the respective GAC office. Details are available in the “Contact” section of www.gac.com
DATE: August 04, 2012 COUNTRY: Singapore PORT: Singapore Dredging at St Marine Waterfront
The working period for dredging works at St Marine Waterfront off Tuas Island has been extended.
According to the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore’s Port Marine Notice No.110 of 2012 dated 3 August, the works will be carried out 24 hours daily – including Sundays & Public Holidays – from 6 August 2012 to 5 February 2013, within the working area bounded by the following co-ordinates (WGS 84 Datum):
- 01) 1° 18.394’N / 103° 38.858’E
- 02) 1° 18.374’N / 103° 38.878’E
- 03) 1° 18.278’N / 103° 38.791’E
- 04) 1° 18.297’N / 103° 38.770’E
Dredging works will be carried out by a Dredger “Hayasaka No 6” held in position with anchors. The dredger, with hopper barges in attendance, will have a circular safety working zone of 50 metre radius centred at the dredger. Dredged materials will be transported to the designated dumping ground by the hopper barges assisted by pusher tugs.
The tug boats will be used to shift the dredger, when required to clear the fairway for vessels.
Safety boat will be deployed in the vicinity to warn the other craft of the project work off the working area. Contact with the safety boats can be made via VHF Channel 08.
Craft involved in the works will exhibit the appropriate local and international day and night signals.
When in the vicinity of the working area, mariners are reminded to:
- (a) keep well clear of the working vessels;
- (b) maintain a proper lookout;
- (c) proceed at a safe speed and navigate with caution;
- (d) maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 22 (Jurong Control); and
- (e) Communicate with Jurong Control on VHF Channel 22 for assistance, if required.
For information about operations in Singapore contact GAC Singapore at email@example.com