Category: Safety Date: 30/10/2012 Area: Worldwide
We would like to advise our Members that US Coast Guard has issued a safety alert on certain Mustang Survival Inflatable PFDs with Hammar MA1 hydrostatics (HIT) inflation systems which may be subject to delayed or non-inflations and require a new re-arm kit to properly inflate by manual or automatic activation.
The safety alert indentifies the following Mustang Survival products which are affected:
- MA7214 HIT inflatable re-arm kit
- MA7218 HIT inflatable re-arm kit for LIFT
- MD0450 Inflatable Vest PFD with LIFT
- MD0451 Inflatable Vest PFD with LIFT (no harness)
- MD3183 Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT
- MD3184 Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT (with harness)
- MD3188 Inflatable Work Vest with HIT.
Members are advised to check the on board PFDs as per the recommended steps, and to contact Mustang Survival’s customer service group for further instructions and to arrange for replacement inflator assembly, if deemed necessary. Source of information: www.mustangsurvival.com/HIT