PANAMA MARITIME AUTHORITY – MERCHANT MARINE CIRCULAR MMC-267
To: Ship-owners/Operators, Company Security Officers, Legal Representatives of Panamanian Flagged Vessels, Panamanian Merchant Marine Consulates and Recognized Organizations (ROs).
Subject: Notification of Resolution No. 106-146-DGMM
Reference: Resolution No. 106-146-DGMM
1. The purpose of this Circular is to inform users of the Panamanian Registry about the issuance of Resolution No. 106-146-DGMM by which from June 1, 2013, all Panamanian flagged vessels of 500 GT and above, shall maintain a Class Certificate onboard that certifies that its structure, machinery and electrical equipment are in full compliance with the provisions of the International Conventions ratified by the Republic of Panama.
2. Furthermore, cargo ships of less than 500 gross tonnage, non-propelled vessels, wooden vessels, pleasure yachts not engaged in international trade and fishing vessels are exempt to comply with the aforementioned.
3. In addition, the aforementioned Class Certificate shall be issued by a Recognized Organization duly authorized by the Directorate General of Merchant Marine, which has been formally approved to issue this certificate, according to Resolution J.D. No. 019-2005 of November 24, 2005, modified by Resolution J.D. No. 022-2009 of October 29, 2009.
- February, 2013
- Inquiries concerning the subject of this Circular or any request should be directed to:
- Directorate General of Merchant Marine
- Panama Maritime Authority
- Phone: (507) 501-5050 / 501-5010
- Fax: (507) 501-5007