- * Brazil, Rio De Janeiro – Increase of pilot tariff
- * Mexico, Coatzacoalcos – Third stage of tunnel installation works
DATE: April 02, 2013 COUNTRY: Brazil PORT: Rio De Janeiro Increase of pilot tariff
With effect from 1 April 2013, the Rio de Janeiro pilot is applying an increase of 10.5% on its tariff.
The new tariff is valid until 31 March 2014.
For information about operations in Brazil contact GAC Brazil at email@example.com
DATE: April 02, 2013 COUNTRY: Mexico PORT: Coatzacoalcos Third stage of tunnel installation works
Port authorities at Coatzacoalcos have confirmed that the third stage of works to install a tunnel under the river will be carried out from 00:01 on 6 April until 24:00 on 9 April.
The planned tunnel will connect the urban area of the city, on the left bank of the River Coatzacoalcos to the Allende suburb on the right bank. It is designed for cars, buses and, to certain degree, for trucks and will solve the traffic jams on the Coatzacoalcos Bridge, located about 1.5 miles of the river mouth.
The tunnel will cross the river about 1.1 miles of the river mouth and will be located to the right of the entrance to Pajaritos Channel and the Commercial Port located on the left bank of the river.
The works will interfere with the navigation of vessels entering and/or sailing to either Pajaritos terminals (Agronitrogenados, Innophos and Pemex) and the Commercial Port terminals on the left bank of the river (Celanese, Cemex, Vopak, Bredero Shaw, Pemex Gas, Multiver, Transferencias Graneleras del Istmo, Terminal Marítima de Altamira (PMI – Pet coke), Edf Man, etc).
The tunnel installation is being carried out in five stages, with the following restrictions:
- During each stage no traffic will be allowed during 4 days at both Pajaritos Terminal & Commercial Port Terminals;
- Once the port is reopened from the above mentioned 4 days closure, the port will be reopened 24 hours during the first day only;
- During the following 8 days port traffic will be restricted on daylight only (no night traffic allowed);
- Vessels’ speed will be restricted to 6 knots while passing through the area.
The fourth stage is tentatively scheduled to be performed from 00:01 on 19 April to 24:00 on 22 April. This stage date is subject to confirmation.
For information about operations in Mexico contact GAC-Tomas Ruiz at firstname.lastname@example.org