Awards are coming thick and fast for maritime training provider Videotel Marine International which has received five honours in the past few months.
The company has won:
- A Golden Reel award from the Media Communications Association International (MCA-I) Media Festival for its training film “Hydrodynamics and Interaction”
- A Gold Remi award for “Hydrodynamics and Interaction” at the WorldFest-Houston international film festival
- A Silver Remi from WorldFest for “The Mariner’s Role In Collecting Evidence”
- An award for Distinction in the International Academy of the Visual Arts’ annual Communicator Awards for its “Dynamic Positioning Basic Training Course”
- An Intermedia Globe Gold award from the The World Media Festival for “Piracy & Armed Robbery, edition 3”
Nigel Cleave, CEO of Videotel, said: “These awards clearly demonstrate the effectiveness of Videotel’s films and animation as a training medium. Realistic demonstrations, as seen in our training materials, are able to engage the viewer more emotively and graphically illustrate good and bad practices in a way the trainee can clearly assimilate.
“We are delighted to receive these awards. We have a highly qualified and experienced team of professional film-makers and multi-media developers at Videotel, producing accessible training films of exceptional quality and it is gratifying to see the international film industry recognising this expertise.”