Bibby Ship Management Group Ltd is pleased to announce the acquisition of Murray Fenton (India) Surveyors Limited.
The acquisition was made via Bibby Ship Management India Pvt. Ltd, and will see India’s service offering expand into marine, cargo and offshore surveying including marine audit services. Operations will be based in Mumbai and Gujarat, with geographic expansion into other areas of India planned for the future.
Bibby Ship Management is delighted to welcome Capt Kapil Dev Bahl. With 17 years at sea, including 5 years in command, followed by 25 years in marine surveying and ship vetting, Capt Bahl brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to Bibby Ship Management. He joins Bibby as Director – Technical Services and will head Bibby’s drive into this business. He is currently assisted by a capable team which is able to cater for the current business and is expected to grow with the business.
Murray Fenton (India) offers a wide range of marine surveying services, including marine hull and ship condition assessment, cargo surveying and marine audit services. The business brings with it a team of professional and experienced Master Mariners and Marine Engineers from the main fleet and offshore sectors, and is set to expand with the addition of a Naval Architect / Structural Engineer to the team.
Prakash Agarwal, MD of Bibby Ship Management India Pvt. Ltd, said this acquisition would significantly enhance the services offered by Bibby’s India operations.
He said: “Marine surveying and audit services is an avenue which has been on our horizon for a while. With the acquisition of Murray Fenton (India) Surveyors Limited, we have taken a significant step into this area, while ensuring we continue with our reputation for providing professional and focused services to our esteemed clients.”
Ed Rimmer, Chief Executive Officer, Bibby Ship Management Group said ‘We’re delighted to announce the acquisition of Murray Fenton (India) Surveyors Limited and look forward to working with Capt Bahl and his team. We have great plans for Bibby Ship Management and we’re excited for what lies ahead for 2014.”
Services provided by Murray Fenton India include:
- Marine Hull – Damage surveys; loss assessment; casualty investigation; ship condition surveys, including ultrasonic testing of hatch covers.
- Marine Cargo – Damage surveys, loss assessment and quantification of dry, liquid and gas cargo; container surveying.
- Warranty – Transportation of heavy lifts and over-dimensional cargo; towage approvals.
- Engineering – Machinery or boiler breakdown; contractor’s all risk; loss of profit.
- Fire & Allied Perils – Consequential loss; assessment of material damage to plant, machinery or stock.
In addition, the services shall expand to include:
- Offshore audits such as FMEA, vessel assurance and acceptance audits.
- Sire inspections.
- Vetting inspections.
- New build supervision.
- Pre-purchase inspection.