- Title: Shifting from Defense to Offense: Moving Beyond Managing Costs to Growing Revenues in the Maritime Industry
- Date & time: Oct 7, 13:00-17:00
- Location: Aalborg University, Copenhagen Campus, Amaliegade 33B, DK-1256 Kobenhavn K
- Speakers: Karl Stoltz, Deputy Chief of Mission for the US Embassy in Copenhagen; Mikkel Hansen, General Manager at Maersk Line; Kenneth Fuhrmann, Director Network and Revenue Management at SAS Cargo; Professor Niels Rytter, Associate Professor in Operations & Service Management at Aalborg University; Scot Hornick, Partner at Oliver Wyman
- Fee: 25 EUR
The maritime shipping and logistics industry is facing numerous challenges. While many obvious measures have been taken to reduce costs, many firms are still on defense, looking for ways to better manage costs. Meanwhile, some leaders are going on the offensive, actively using intelligent pricing and revenue management techniques and processes to grow.
Drawing on its extensive experience working in the maritime industry, Oliver Wyman, in collaboration with Aalborg University, is hosting an event that will present a serious, in-depth dialogue on the path toward greater profitability, including case studies, research and analysis. Key questions to be addressed over the course of the event include:
- How can companies better understand their customers and strategically manage these relationships?
- What can firms do to better price products and services?
- What are leading firms doing to better forecast demand and manage capacity to their advantage?
The discussion and networking will continue over cocktails.
Speakers for the event will include:
- An introduction by Karl Stoltz, Deputy Chief of Mission for the US Embassy – Copenhagen, Denmark
- The point of view from an industry player – Shifting focus to revenue growth by Mikkel Hansen, General Manager at Maersk Line
- A case study of lessons learned from the air cargo industry by Kenneth Fuhrmann, Director Network and Revenue Management at SAS Cargo
- The view from academia by Professor Niels Rytter, Associate Professor in Operations & Service Management at Aalborg University
- A discussion of key levers for active revenue management strategies by Scot Hornick, Partner at Oliver Wyman
For registration information for the Revenue Management event, please see: http://www.oliverwyman.com/