HILL DICKINSON SPONSORS LONDON INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING WEEK 2015
Hill Dickinson LLP is delighted to announce that it has become a proud sponsor of London International Shipping Week 2015 when leaders from every sector of the global shipping industry will descend on London for five days of influential meetings, seminars and functions, culminating in a high-level industry shipping conference and spectacular gala dinner.
Maria Pittordis, the partner who heads the marine, trade and energy business group, said: “The roots of maritime law can be traced as far back as 900 BC. So, as one of the country’s most historic shipping practices, it is only right for Hill Dickinson to support such a significant event in the modern industry’s calendar.”
Over 100 events are planned for London during the week with some UK regional events also being staged to highlight the strength and breadth of the UK’s maritime sector making LISW 2015 the ‘must attend’ event of the year. Hill Dickinson will also be offering workshops and seminars in the key areas of casualty and commodities, which are expected to attract leading industry figures. The firm has a long connection with the London shipping community and this is reflected in the stellar line up of headline organisers which includes Shipping Innovation – a joint venture between Elaborate Communications and Petrospot – in association with Maritime UK partners The Baltic Exchange, Maritime London, and the UK Chamber of Shipping, and with TheCityUK, the independent promotional body for UK financial and professional services.
Visitors to LISW2015 can now download the official LISW2015 app. For iPhone and iPad versions please go to the App store and type in ‘London International Shipping Week’. For Android versions go to Google Play and type in ‘LISW’ to download the event app.
Further information can be found on the dedicated event website: www.
About Hill Dickinson
• Hill Dickinson LLP is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with more than 1, 300 people including 180 partners, with offices in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Sheffield, Piraeus, Monaco, Singapore and Hong Kong.
• The firm delivers advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work to all forms of dispute resolution.
• Hill Dickinson prides itself on fostering the strongest client relationships and adding value through innovation. The firm acts as a trusted adviser to businesses, organisations and individuals within a wide range of specialist market sectors: including transport and logistics and international trade, through to retail, insurance, marine, health, education, manufacturing, public sector and banking and financial services.
Hill Dickinson has been recognised locally, regionally and nationally with awards for excellence in service delivery. Recent awards include:
• Legal Services Team 11+ Partners Award, Claims Innovation Awards 2014
• Investors in Diversity Awards 2013, National Centre for Diversity
• Dispute Resolution Award, Liverpool Law Society Legal Awards 2013
• Commercial Award, Liverpool Law Society Legal Awards 2013
• Ultimate Challenge Award, The Prince’s Trust Fairbridge Awards 2013
For further information about the firm and its partners please visit www.hilldickinson.com