Public holidays around the world in the coming two weeks include the following:
- Mon 16 Feb – Presidents’ Day (USA)
- Mon 16 Feb-Tue 17 Feb – Carnival (Brazil)
- Thu 19 Feb–Fri 20 Feb – Chinese New Year (c)
- Wed 18 Feb–Mon 23 Feb – Chinese New Year (c)
- Wed 18 Feb–Tue 24 Feb – Spring Festival (China)
- Thu 19 Feb – Turkmenistan National Flag Day
- Mon 23 Feb – Clean/Green Monday (Cyprus, Greece)
- Mon 23 Feb – Russia Homeland Defenders’ Day
- Wed 25 Feb – EDSA Revolution anniversary (Philippines)
- Fri 27 Feb – Holiday (adjustment) for Taiwan Memorial Day Holiday (Taiwan)
- Sat 28 Feb – Taiwan Memorial Day holiday
For information about operations around the world contact the respective GAC office. Details may be found under ‘GAC Worldwide’ at gac.com
Carnival holidays impact on shipping
February 14, 2015, Panama, all ports
Due to the Carnival holiday which started yeserday evening (13 February) in Panama, all government institutions (Immigration, Customs, etc.) and banks are closed until 12:00pm local time on 18 February.
It is therefore not possible to arrange Cash to Masters on Monday and Tuesday, as well as Wednesday morning.
Further, the Immigration Department have advised that that they will not be issuing Crew Visas for this period, and expect severe delays once they are back from the holidays.
Clearance of airfreight and couriers is also expected to be widely affected. Earliest possible clearance will be the afternoon of Wednesday 18 February, but severe delays are expected in the clearance process.
For information about operations in Panama contact GAC-Wilford & McKay at email@example.com
GAC is a global provider of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services dedicated to helping customers achieve their strategic goals at the highest levels of quality, safety and compliance.