Students of electrical or mechanical engineering or a maritime subject may submit their master’s or bachelor’s thesis, or another paper, if it is written within the study period and covers one of the following topics:
Whichever topic is chosen, it should focus on naval architecture, marine engineering, ship operation (technical or commercial) or ship design.
All submitted papers will be examined and evaluated by a jury according to the following criteria:
- Interest to society
- Complexity of task for young researcher
- Quality of the paper (comprehensibility, completeness, writing style)
The winning three students will each receive a cash prize of €1, 000. What’s more, the winners will have the chance to present their thesis to an audience of experts at an international maritime event.
The winners will be announced on our website in May 2015. The date and location of the award ceremony are coming soon.
Conditions for participation:
- You are/were studying electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a maritime subject
- Your scientific paper was written by you on your own or in a team (maximum of two persons)
- Your scientific paper is not more than three years old
- Your paper is written in English (if your paper is written in another language, you may prepare an extended abstract that contains all relevant results and information of your work about 8 – 30 pages)
Terms & Conditions:
- Submitted thesis must have been published between 31th March 2012 and 31th March 2015.
- All entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31th March 2015.
- Only papers in English will be reviewed.
- If your paper is not written in English, you may prepare an extended abstract that contains all relevant results and information of your work about 8 – 30 pages.
- The prize of 1.000€ will be paid in Euros to a bank account bearing the winners name.
- DNV GL is not liable to any applicable taxes, levies or similar associated charges.
- Entrants acknowledge that a summary of their thesis may be released or displayed to the public by DNV GL.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and photograph to be used for the purpose of publicity, without any additional remuneration.
- DNV GL accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, delayed or unreadable.
- The winner will be notified in writing.
- The prize giving ceremony location will be determined at a future date.
- The successful candidate may be required to travel to the prize giving ceremony location.
- The DNV GL judges’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition.
- DNV GL reserves the right to amend the rules.
- Employees of DNV GL Group are not eligible to enter, nor are their relatives or members of their families or household.
- Entry into the draw will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions and entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Any queries and comments should be directed to email@example.com or by writing to DNV GL SE, Maritime, Brooktorkai 18, 20457 Hamburg, Germany