Ships from U.S. Naval Forces Central Command in Bahrain have begun accompanying U.S.-flagged maritime traffic in the Strait of Hormuz, U.S. Defense Department officials said.
Sufficient U.S. naval forces are assigned to the command to meet the requirements of the accompanying mission, officials said, adding that Navcent will coordinate with shipping-industry representatives to ensure the operations go smoothly and efficiently.
The mission was prompted by two incidents this week in the Strait of Hormuz in which Iranian navy patrol vessels harassed commercial motor vessels traversing the strait….
(For information about operations in the Middle East contact the GAC Dubai Hub Agency Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Source: Extract from article from U.S. Department of Defense (www.defense.gov) dated 1 May 2015
World Holidays: 3-16 May 2015
Public holidays around the world in the coming two weeks include the following:
- Sun 3 May – Poland Constitution Day
- Sun 3 May – Wesak Day (Malaysia)
- Sun 3 May – Vesak Full Moon Day (Sri Lanka)
- Mon 4 May – Early May Bank Holiday (UK)
- Mon 4 May – Netherlands National Remembrance Day
- Mon 4 May – Russian Bank Holiday
- Mon 4 May – Thailand public holiday
- Tue 5 May – Cinco de Mayo (Mexico)
- Tue 5 May – Coronation Day (Thailand)
- Wed 6 May – Buddha’s Birthday
- Thu 7 May – Day of Kazak ArmySat 9 May – Victory Day (Russia)
- Mon 11 May – Russian Bank Holiday
- Thu 14 May – Ascension Day of Jesus Christ
- Sat 16 May – Ascension Day of Prophet Muhammad SAW (Isra Mi’raj)
For information about operations around the world contact the respective GAC office. Details may be found under ‘GAC Worldwide’ at gac.com
GAC is a global provider of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services dedicated to helping customers achieve their strategic goals at the highest levels of quality, safety and compliance.