The Signing Ceremony, which took place at the Ministry of National Security, Temple Court 1 Building, was attended by Permanent Secretary Carl A. Francison behalf of the Ministry of National Security andDamen Sales Director AmericasSander van Oord.
Trinidad and Tobago has ordered a complete package of vessels with the aim of enhancing the country’s maritime security and of establishing the foundations of a Maritime Security Wall; thereby creating and sustaining an effective presence in all tiers of Trinidad and Tobago’s maritime domain.
The order includes:
Four Damen Stan Patrol 5009 Coastal Patrol Vessels:
• 51 metres long, 9 metres wide
• Speeds in excess of 28 knots
• Range exceeds 2500 nautical miles
• Equipped with an advanced surveillance system
• Deploys an on-board 11metres interceptor plus a short-range 7.5metres Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat (RHIB)
• Uses a unique Sea-Axe design to dramatically enhance seakeeping in rough waters
• These vessels will patrol coastal waters andarealso capable of operating in Trinidad and Tobago’s Exclusive Economic Zone
Two Damen Fast Crew Supply 5009 Utility Vessels:
• 54 metres long, 10 metres wide
• Speeds in excess of 20 knots
• Range exceeds 3000 nautical miles
• These vessels can be used for a variety of roles: support of interceptor operations, disaster relief, search and rescue, as well as limited coastal patrol
Six Damen Interceptor DI 1102 Interceptors:
• 11 metres long, 2 metres wide
• Speeds in excess of 53 knots
• Interceptors are capable of being embarked on and deployed from the SPas and FCS acting as a force multiplier
Since 1927, Damen has built a significant number of high quality vessels for civil and military purposes. Such vessels are in service with the Coast Guards of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Jamaica, Barbados and the Netherlands among others.
Mr Van Oord, said: “Damen is a company that prides itself on the quality and performance of the ships we build. We are delighted to welcome the Government of Trinidad & Tobago to our family and will strive to deliver this package on time and within budget. These are the hallmarks of Damen that have helped us become market leader in the Caribbean.”
Damen Shipyards Group
Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing 9, 000 people worldwide. Damen has delivered more than 5, 000 vessels in more than 100 countries and annually delivers some 160 vessels to customers worldwide. Based on its unique, standardised ship-design concept Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality.
Damen’s focus on standardisation, modular construction and maintenance of stock levels leads to short delivery times, low ‘total cost of ownership’, high resale values and reliable performance. Furthermore, Damen vessels are based on thorough R&D and proven technology.
Damen offers a wide range of products, including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and superyachts.
For nearly all vessel types Damen offers a broad range of services, including maintenance, spare parts delivery, training and the transfer of (shipbuilding) know-how. Damen also offers a variety of marine components, such as nozzles, rudders, anchors, anchor chains and steel works.
In addition to ship design and shipbuilding, Damen Shiprepair & Conversion has a worldwide network of 15 repair and conversion yards with dry docks reaching up to 420 x 80 metres. Conversion projects range from adapting vessels to today’s requirements and regulations to the complete conversion of large offshore structures. DSC completes around 1, 500 repair and maintenance jobs annually.