Hamburg, 1st of June – Just in time for Nor-Shipping, DNV GL has published this year’s second issue of the classification society’s customer and stakeholder magazine Maritime Impact. It covers innovation and technology trends in the shipping industry.
The theme of the issue is: ‘Uncovering the Potential’. “Nor-Shipping is a perfect platform for sharing innovative shipping concepts. This issue covers a range of impressive new projects and initiatives that aim to address issues such as LNG bunkering, energy and performance management and cybersecurity in the maritime sector, ” says DNV GL – Maritime CEO Tor Svensen. Picking up on current industry challenges and emerging technology trends this issue of Maritime Impact includes the following topics:
- Facing invisible threats – strategies for increasing cybersecurity in shipping
- Every second counts – DNV GL emergency response experts explain how they helped refloat the grounded vehicle carrier Höegh Osaka in Southampton
- The Polar Code – Paving the way for safer shipping in the Arctic
- LNG bunkering – the LNG-powered RoRo vessel that does not require any port infrastructure for refueling
- Reducing ship emissions – taking a look at the Green Coastal Shipping Programme in Norway
- Untapped Resources – the new DNV GL energy management study shows that though saving energy is a target, many shipping companies may not be aiming high enough
- COMPIT Conference 2015 – the software innovations shaping the future of shipping
- Star Clipper – revealing the plans for the world’s largest square-rigger cruise ship
Maritime Impact Magazine is now available for download on the DNV GL website (www.dnvgl.com/mm).