Latest update on port operations in Greece
Inchcape Shipping Services (ISS) can provide the latest update on port operations in Greece and local conditions to 7 July 2015.
- Cruise – no issues or changes of itinerary have been reported because of capital controls.
- Piraeus container terminal – no reported operational delays in port operations since capital controls were enforced.
- The only vessel supply operation presently affected is delivery of ‘Cash to Master’ for any vessel type.
- There have been no incidents to date affecting port safety and/or security.
Other local information:
- Public services, customs, hospitals and all governmental institutions are presently operating as normal.
- Foreign bank card holders (tourist and cruise passengers) can use ATMs as normal.
- Remittances outside Greece from a Greek bank account are still not possible.
- Imports are expected to be affected in the near future but initially only for local importers that do not have a non-Greek bank account.
- Extended police patrols are in operation at all ATMs and banks.
All ISS operations in Greece are continuing as normal and port operations have not been affected so far. ISS Greece guarantees any remittance sent to its account.
ISS will continue to monitor developments in Greece and keep its clients updated.
About Inchcape Shipping Services
Inchcape Shipping Services is the world’s leading maritime services provider. With some 300 proprietary offices in 67 countries, and a workforce of over 4, 000 the company’s diverse global customer base now includes owners and charterers in the oil, cruise, container and bulk commodity sectors as well as naval, government and inter-governmental organisations.
ISS provides landside commercial and humanitarian logistics, transit, offshore support, informational and other associated maritime services. The company also provides a growing range of outsourcing services including global crew and marine spares logistics; port hub agency management; and sophisticated Enterprise Resource Planning solutions through its subsidiary ShipNet.
Inchcape Shipping Services – A World of Local Expertise