Our twenty eighth weekly recapitulation of the shipping markets, their respective main indices and world geopolitics affecting same in 2015 and beyond, tonight Friday the 10th of July 2015, with John Faraclas of AllAboutShipping in Athens.
- The BDI, the Baltic Dry Index, was up 21 points since yesterday Thursday the 9th of July standing at 874 points, which on the other hand is 69 points up since last week’s 805 points.
- The BCI 2014 was up 39 points since yesterday at 1, 381 points, which is on the other hand 159 points up since last week’s 1, 249 points; volatility volatility volatility!
- The BPI was up 36 points at 1, 052 points which is 144 points plus since last week’s 908 points.
- The BSI was eight points up at 767 points which is also 53 points up since last week’s 714 points.-
- The BHSI was up seven points at 394 which is 23 points up since last week’s 361 points…
- The wets now: The Dirties and its BDTI index was down 13 points at 857 points which is 79 points from last week’s 936 points.
- The Cleans and its respective BCTI was up just three points at 837 points which is 28 points up sine last week’s 809 points.-
The price of oil dropped further and now stands in the US$ 53 region…
The Geopolitics front remains more or less as dangerous as ever and expect further hiccups!
- On Greece, the country where all eyes are watching the further harsh reality striking, very simply: the total mess approaches. Be on guard. We have warned you!
- Will Ukraine go to an all-out war with Russian rebels and Russia too?
- The Migrants drama worsens in all fronts! Over the coming weekend we foresee more mess!
- The Islamic State continues its destructive policy, despite some good and effective strikes from the American led front!
On the events and forum front now; two great events yesterday in Athens, one on the “Penetration of Natural Gas in Greece as a force of stability and development in South East Europe” by ESCP Europe at teh Grande Bretagne Hotel and one from the ECONOMIST’s series by Hazlis and Rivas at the Astir Palace in Vouliagmeni. The summer holidays period continues; try Ikaria in the central east Aegean Sea or something different in central Greece; try Trikala where exceptional food and wine awaits you ! Other places of great interest is Tasmania south east of Australia!
Have a nice weekend and be on guard vis-a-vis the Greek tragedy….;
Viewers can watch the live herebelow: