Our thirty-seventh weekly recapitulation of the shipping markets, their respective main indices and world geopolitics affecting same in 2015 and beyond, tonight Friday the 11th of September 2015, with John Faraclas of AllAboutShipping in London.
- The BDI, the Baltic Dry Index, closed down 12 points since yesterday Thursday the 10th of September at 818 points which is 57 points down since last week’s 875 points; so now, if things continue we are going to see, possibly, the 800 barrier broken too… CAUTION! We have warned you long ago for this unceratinty and volatility!
- The BCI 2014 was four points down at 1, 198 points which is 11 points up since last week’s 1, 187 points. Caution here too!
- The BPI was 16 points down at 735 points and also 102 points down since last week’s 837 points…
- The BSI was 14 points down since yesterday at 810 points which is 60 points down since last week’s 870 points…and,
- The BHSI was down eight points at 460 points which is an overall of 25 points down since last week’s 485 points… Unsustainability continues on all dry indices…
- The wets now: the Dirties and its BDTI index was two points down at 640 points which is 12 points up since last week’s 628 points…
- The Cleans and its respective BCTI was down nine points at 555 points which is 29 points down since last week’s 584 points.
- The price of oil continues to stand in the region US$ 45 …and many fear surprises!
The Geopolitics front continues far worse and blur…:
- The Migrants drama remains, unfortunately, the top theme yet again for another week. We are sure you read and see live on TV all the nonsense around. Shame to all politicians involved! Shame, Shame, Shame; they don’t have a leg to stand – period! Indeed we provoke them for a live debate. We already made a statement during the LISW15! The Muslim world should absorb at least the Muslims from the Middle Eastern Syrian tragedy as well as the Northern Africa one; fairs fair, otherwise it will be hell – wonder who’s gone to pay for the hell coming in Europe…
- The Greek drama continues. In nine days another act of instability will surface. Still we maintain the view that this unprecedented and silly decision of Tsipras’ “resignation” leading to a snap election can be aborted and a team of Aristos Greeks to take over and rule the country, streamline the economy and strengthen social cohesion; this will definitely bring another promising era to all!
- In Ukraine, the uncertainty continues and the war will end only when president Putin decides to do so!
- China might become a liability unless thoughtful thinking prevails. Under the world’s worse economic situation, any “experiment” could turn detrimental… Caution…
- The Islamic State’s behaviour to continue ridicules its opponents – the West’s disarray is phenomenal…. Can you please finish them off Mr. Obama!
- The London International Shipping Week was the best event so far in the Administrative capital of Shipping: London!
- The Athens Exchange London 10th Roadshow was more than a success!
- The September 11 anniversary sends the message to be on guard!
- On a better note, the Queen’s record for the longest reigning Royal in this country is more than an admirable fact!
We continue to invite the world visiting Greece and its Islands; that will counter as a plus to the troubles Greece and its people are going through. The Turkish Government by allowing the traffickers to move the migrants to the Greek Islands not only spoil Greece’s tourism but will eventually create the worst explosion in the East Med… Otherwise, do try Cape Town in South Africa and combine it with a safari a bit more north…
Viewers can log on herebelow and listen to the live video: