The MSc program aims to offer postgraduate education and training to graduate students and executives that wish to work or are currently employed in the sectors of Shipping, Finance and Management, and aim to advance to the highest levels of the international market via an English-speaking graduate training program.
It is addressed to graduates with officially recognized undergraduate degrees in areas such as Economics, Finance, Management, Science and Engineering.
The postgraduate program leads to the award of a Masters of Science (MSc) degree and offers:
- A 12-months full-time program, designed to meet the needs of graduates, with lectures taking place mainly during the morning or in the afternoon.
- A 24-months part-time program, designed to meet the needs of business executives, where lectures are conducted in the evenings.
The MSc program offers:
• Postgraduate study in an International Maritime Centre, in Greece – with the highest ownership (in tonnage) in the World and hundreds of companies
• The opportunity to study at AUEB, a top School for Economics and Business in Greece and Internationally recognized for its quality of education, research
• An MSc program qualification officially recognized by the Greek State
• An academic program taught by world class professors, constantly reviewed to fit the needs of the industry
• Placements of students with companies at the end of the taught part of the program
• Visits to relevant companies and organizations
• Executive guest speakers from the industry
• Access to major databases, newspapers, periodicals and academic journals related to shipping, finance and management
• A number of scholarships may be available to suitable applicants, sponsored by shipping and other companies and organisations, foundations and banks
• Academic excellence prizes, awarded to students at the end of the full and part time programs
The program has a rolling admissions procedure, conducted in three rounds, with the following deadlines:
- 1st round, Friday 15th of January 2016
- 2nd round, Thursday 31st of March 2016
- 3rd round, Tuesday 31st of May 2016
Places available are limited and applications are evaluated with priority order.
Documents that must be submitted with the application:
1. Application form. Applications can be submitted a) on line, b) in person or by post (see contact details below)
2. Two recent passport size photographs
3. CV in English
4. Personal statement of approximately 500 words, in English
5. Copy of the bank deposit slip, covering the application processing fee of €50 (Account details: ΙΒΑΝ GR69 0110 1100 0000 1100 0125 051, SWIFT/ BIC:
ETHNGRAA, BENEFICIARY: RC AUEB)
Documents that can be submitted at a later stage:
1. Two confidential recommendation letters, by the interview date
2. Certified Copies of all University Degrees / Diplomas (Recognition by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Centre (DOATAP) is required)
3. Official Transcripts of marks received (with certified translation in English if not in Greek)
4. Proof of employment record, if any – required for part time applicants
5. English language certification verifying excellent command of the language (as determined by a TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS score, or the Cambridge or Michigan
Certificate of Proficiency in English)
Secretariat, MSc in International Shipping, Finance and Management, AUEB’s Centre for Postgraduate Studies,
Room 908, 9th floor,
47A Evelpidon and 33 Lefkados St, 11362, Athens, Greece.
Monday to Friday: 11:30 – 19:30 Tel. +30 210-8203696, Fax: +30 210-8203667, Email: MSc.ISFM@aueb.gr, url: http://msc-isfm.aueb.gr/en-US