|VESSEL GROUNDED IN CANAL
Suez Canal, Egypt
|DIVING OPERATIONS AT ALGAS ANCHORAGE
|BALLAST WATER MANAGEMENT REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
|TRAFFIC CLOSURE FOR BRIDGE WORKS
|Vessel grounded in Canal|
|Friday, February 26, 2016, Suez Canal, Egypt|
|As per available information from the Suez Canal Authority, a capsize bulk carrier ship grounded on the Canal at 69 KM at about 1030 hours local time yesterday (25 February) and is still grounded on same position.The Suez Canal did not close, but there are some delays on the convoys’ movements and the starting time of the convoys has been amended accordingly as follows:
– Northbound convoy started today at 0945 HRS LT (1st vessel).
– Southbound convoy started today at 0200 HRS LT and waiting in Great Bitter lakes.Further traffic delays are expected until the vessel is refloated by Suez Canal Authority tugs.
For information about operations in the Suez Canal contact GAC Egypt at email@example.com
|Diving operations at ALGAS anchorage|
|Friday, February 26, 2016, Singapore|
|From 29 February to 06 March, diving operations will be carried out at the ALGAS anchorage, within the working area bounded by the following coordinates:
1) 01 deg. 14.212’N / 103 deg. 39.074’E
2) 01 deg. 14.259’N / 103 deg. 39.171’E
3) 01 deg. 14.114’N / 103 deg. 39.121’E
4) 01 deg. 14.161’N / 103 deg. 39.218’EAccording to the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore Port Marine Notice No.15 of 2016 dated 25 February 2016, the works will be conducted from 0700 hours to 1900 hours daily.Divers will be deployed from the dive support boat to conduct the diving operation. A safety boat will be deployed in the vicinity of the working area to warn other craft of the work.
Craft involved in the works will exhibit the appropriate local and international day signal.
When in the vicinity of the working area, mariners are reminded to:
|Ballast Water Management Reporting Requirements|
|Friday, February 26, 2016, California, USA|
|California’s ballast water management reporting requirements are as follows:Forms are required to be filed with the California State Lands Commission 24 hrs prior to arrival.Until further notice, the California State Lands Commission will accept either:
1. The new form (Ballast Water Management Report, BWMR) or
2. The old form (Ballast Water Reporting Form, BWRF)
Go to http://www.slc.ca.gov/
A new form (BWMR) or old form (BWRF) must be submitted to the California State Lands Commission separate from the National Ballast Information Clearinghouse (NBIC)
If submitting the new form to the California State Lands Commission:
DO NOT USE the BWMR Web App – Vessels that use the new form and the BWMR Web App to file with NBIC, will still need to file a separate form by email or fax with the California State Lands Commission.
EMAILING the FORM to CALIFORNIA – For the new form to be received in California via email, you must save the new form separately and attach in an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org). The PDF version of the new form (BWMR) from NBIC has buttons for “email” and “online submittal”. These buttons will not work to submit your form to the California State Lands Commission.
If your vessel is using the new form (BWMR) and not discharging ballast water, fill out the following sections of the new form:
(For information about operations in the USA contact GAC USA at email@example.com)
Source: California State Lands Commission notice dated 24 February 2016
|Traffic closure for bridge works|
|Friday, February 26, 2016, Bosphorus, Turkey|
|Traffic at Bosphorus will be suspended from 00:01 to 16:00 hours local time on Sunday 28 February, due to works on the 3. bridge (Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge).For information about operations in the Turkish Straits contact GAC Istanbul at firstname.lastname@example.org|