Salvage past, present and future: Lessons learned and challenges ahead
IMarEST’s upcoming ship salvage conference is a chance to revisit one of the most challenging salvage operations of recent memory in the Amoco Cadiz, and evaluate the challenge posed by salvaging ultra large container ships.
The Amoco Cadiz
- Recounting the chain of events leading up to its sinking and salvage.
- Comparing contemporary regulations, safety measures and salvage techniques to those at the time of Cadiz.
- Review of lessons learned and their impact on subsequent salvage operations.
Salvaging ultra large container ships
- A review of equipment and techniques required to salvage such large vessels
- Discussion on current regulations and safety procedures; are the fit for purpose?
- What are the potential implications for vessel owners? Reputational damage? Insurance?
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Quote ISS/A to receive an additional 10% discount when booking your place.
Viewers can log herebelow and read the full programme: