APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENSION – June 15th 2016
The Master’s program in International Shipping, Finance & Management announces an extension to the deadline for submitting applications until June 15th 2016.
The MSc in International Shipping, Finance & Management will participate at the Posidonia Exhibition from the 6th to the 10th of June, Hall 2 – stand 2.431
The MSc program aims to offer postgraduate education and training to graduate students and executives that wish to work or are currently employed in the sectors of Shipping, Finance and Management, and aim to advance to the highest levels of the international market via an English-speaking graduate training program.
It is addressed to graduates with officially recognized undergraduate degrees in areas such as Economics, Finance, Management,
Science and Engineering.
The postgraduate program leads to the award of a Masters of Science (MSc) degree and offers:
- A 12-months full-time program, designed to meet the needs of graduates, with lectures taking place mainly during themorning or in the afternoon.
- A 24-months part-time program, designed to meet the needs of business executives, where lectures are conducted in the evenings.
The ISFM Program Offers:
• Postgraduate study in an International Maritime Centre, in Greece – with the highest ownership (in tonnage) in the World and
hundreds of companies located here
• The opportunity to study at AUEB, a top School for Economics and Business in Greece and Internationally recognized for its
quality of education, research and training
• An MSc program qualification officially recognized by the Greek State
• An academic program taught by world class professors, constantly reviewed to fit the needs of the industry
• Placements of students with companies at the end of the taught part of the program
• Visits to relevant companies and organizations
• Executive guest speakers from the industry
• Access to major databases, newspapers, periodicals and academic journals related to shipping, finance and management
• A number of scholarships available to suitable applicants, sponsored by shipping and other companies and organisations,
foundations and banks
• Academic excellence prizes, awarded to students at the end of the programs
Documents that must be submitted with the application:
1. Application form. Applications can be submitted a) on line, b) in person or c) by post
2. Two recent passport size photographs
3. CV in English
4. Personal statement of approximately 500 words, in English
5. Copy of the bank deposit slip, covering the application processing fee of €50 (Account details: ΙΒΑΝ GR69 0110 1100 0000
1100 0125 051, SWIFT/ BIC: ETHNGRAA, BENEFICIARY: RC AUEB)
6. Two confidential recommendation letters, by the interview date
7. Certified Copies of all University Degrees / Diplomas (Recognition by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information
Centre (DOATAP) is required)
8. Official Transcripts of marks received (with certified translation in English if not in Greek)
9. Proof of employment record, if any – required for part time applicants
10. English language certification verifying excellent command of the language (as determined by a TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS score,
or the Cambridge or Michigan Certificate of Proficiency in English)
Secretariat, MSc in International Shipping, Finance and Management,
AUEB’s Centre for Postgraduate Studies, Room 908, 9th floor,
47A Evelpidon and 33 Lefkados St, 11362, Athens, Greece.
Monday to Friday: 11:30 – 19:30