The BDI (Baltic Dry Index) remains for a third time at 636 points; no change losing steam, or summer blues? Geopolitical freak-waves are more than dangerous. John Faraclas’ daily recap:
- The BCI 2014 was the only size to gain points, today was up seven at 777 points. It is always the Capers which steals the momentum…
- The Panamaxes BPI lost two pits now standing at 638 points…
- The Supras too lost two points with the BSI now reading 645…, and,
- The Handies’ BHSI following suit at 392!
Caution is the only word to apply under the circumstances!
- The Wets too on a downfall; the last published BDTI (Dirties) remain the same at 509 points and the BCTI (Cleans) lost six points now reading 452.
- The price of WTI was surprising up at US$ 42,86 sending a few shock waves as uncertainty might produce a very messy situation!
On the geopolitical front the Migrants issue continue to get worse.
Turkey plays more than a dangerous game in the region of Eastern Med at all fronts and all levels with president Erdogans manipulating everybody, needless to say blackmailing the EU! Turkish flerts with Moscow can turn sour for Turkey! Erogan and Putin cannot become bed-fellows and soon this situation can become explosive. The West had enough!
In Syria everything is ready for the final push; rumours that British special forces are there have to be double checked… All in all it will change for ever the balance in the Middle East with havoc for many decades. Be on guard!
In Pakistan another terrorists bloodbath this morning in a hospital which, if not contained, we might see despicable happenings!
In Greece more fires even in the Ionian Sea island of Lefkada! Shame!