Capt. Antonio M. Padrón y Santiago, “IMO Maritime Ambassador” and Maritime Authority of Tenerife, attended the “Economic Forum on Business Opportunities and Investment Korea – Spain” organized by CEIMARPE (KMI) in Las Palmas
The event, celebrated in the Chamber of Commerce of Gran Canaria and, in which also commemorated the 50th anniversary of the presence of the Korean fishing fleet in the Canaries, was attended by numerous local businessmen, as well as a significant number of representatives of the Korean community in the islands.
In addition to the IMO Maritime Ambassador, also attending the event:
- Mr. José Sánchez, President of the Chamber of Commerce of Gran Canaria
- Ms. María de la Salud Gil, Vice-President of the Chamber of Commerce of Gran Canaria
- Mr. Pablo Martín, Director General of Economic Affairs with Africa (PROEXCA)
- H.E. M. Park Hee-kwon, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea in Spain
- Mr. Oh Dongil, Consul General of the Republic of Korea in Las Palmas
- Mr. Park Ingu, Consul of Maritime Affairs of the Republic of Korea in Las Palmas
- Prof. Kang-Ki Lee, from the “College of Maritime Science” of the Korea Maritime and Oceanic University (KMOU)
- Dr. Han Deuk Hoon, Director of the Center for Maritime Research and Cooperation Spain-Korea (CEIMARPE), Spanish branch of the Korea Maritime Institute (KMI)
- Mr. Manuel Vidal, Advisor of the Korean Maritime Institute (KMI), and
- Ms. Elba Bueno, Manager of the Maritime Cluster of the Canary Islands.