At Singapore Maritime Week, 22 – 28 April, LR launched their Marine Analytics service with a methodology that will enable companies to obtain value from operational data and connected assets
28 April 2017 – The biggest challenge associated with data from multiple systems and connected assets, once security has been assured, is knowing how to turn the possibilities into actual commercial and operational value. It is now possible to amass more data more easily but with so much data available, extracting useful and actionable information and insights is a challenge. LR is focused on working with marine and offshore companies of all sizes to co-create leading bespoke solutions, enabling them to optimise efficiency in operations, asset performance and maintenance, reduce risk and improve safety while offering increased transparency to stakeholders.
The new marine analytics capability under the ‘Cyber Perform’ step of LR’s cyber and digital transformation spans from the deployment of the platform at vessel or fleet level to shore-side decision-making support. The approach provides the right tools to embed data-driven insights within an organisation, complementing existing processes and procedures and providing the opportunity to centralise all data sources into one consolidated data view. LR’s world-class engineering knowledge is translated into advanced data analytics, underpinned by a pioneering and secure Connected Assets Big Data Platform powered by partner, QiO Technologies. This platform is supported by LR’s industry-recognised software, such as real-time adaptive maintenance optimisation service and software (RTAMO), asset management optimisation service and software (Axxim) and loading and stability software (LR Seasafe), as well as by partnerships with leaders such as the cloud-based ship management software provider, Hanseaticsoft.
LR’s seven-step methodology moves the client through the following seamless journey:
- The power and potential of data – understanding, identifying and assessing the data a client has and what it can help them achieve.
- Defining a data strategy – a robust and practical plan for achieving the desired technical, operational and commercial outcomes.
- Enabling data analytics – providing a powerful, scalable platform to help consolidate operational data from assets with other data to give a fully integrated view, enabling powerful analytics to derive actionable insights.
- Providing value – quickly piloting solutions and demonstrating the benefits of data.
- Deployment – working with the client to scale from pilots to fully functional solutions across their business.
- Continuous improvement – a long-term partnership that keeps the solution relevant, reliable and secure.