As GEODIS’ strategy is to be the growth partner of its clients, the Group is creating a new organization to serve this ambition. This new organization aims at providing the Group’s clients easy and full access to its unique portfolio of intercontinental transportation, customs clearance, road freight transportation, warehousing and last mile distribution in each country of the world either through its own assets or selected partners.
Alongside the Group’s existing lines of business, 4 new regions have been established under one leadership responsible for the full GEODIS service offer. These regions are Western Europe, Middle East & Africa, Northern & Continental Europe, Americas and Asia Pacific. In addition, the Group is enhancing two central departments: Business Development & Marketing with the mission to design and build end-to-end logistics solutions andInnovation & Business Excellence to embed innovative ideas in its business processes.
The board of management led by Marie-Christine Lombard, CEO of GEODIS, reflects this new organization:
– Western Europe, Middle East and Africa, Laurent Parat
– Northern and Central Europe, Thomas Kraus
– Americas, Randy Tucker
– Asia Pacific, Onno Boots
Lines of business:
– Distribution and Express, Olivier Mélot
– Road transport, Olivier Royer
– Global Freight Forwarding, Eric Martin-Neuville
– Supply Chain Optimization, Boris Pernet
Group functional executives:
– Chief Financial Officer, Amaury Valicon
– Corporate Secretary, Stéphane Cassagne
– Group Information Technology, Henri Linière
– Group Human Resources, Mario Ceccon
– Business Development & Marketing, Kim Pedersen
– Innovation & Business Excellence, Philippe de Carné
The lines of business remain the cornerstone of the Group’s comprehensive expertise:
– Contract Logistics: Order management, pick and pack, value-added services and outbound transport management, with more than 7 million square metres of warehousing around the world.
– Distribution & Express: Day Definite Delivery of parcels (24h-48h) and Next Day Delivery in France, as well as cross-border countries, carried out via 150 Distribution & Express facilities.
– Freight Forwarding: International multi-modal ocean, air and rail transportation, as well as customs brokerage in 120 countries. The Industrial Projects division designs complex out-of-gauge operations for companies in sectors such as oil & gas, mining, and renewable energy.
– Road Transport: Full Truck Load transport for general cargo and special commodities (chemical, steel, etc.) with a fleet of 2,300 own trucks and an extensive sub-contractor network across Europe.
– Supply Chain Optimization: Advisory services such as supply chain diagnosis and network design, supply chain management.
Marie-Christine Lombard, CEO of GEODIS, comments: “We believe that this new organization will make it easier for our customers to access our services through a stronger local presence. It will also offer more opportunities to develop end-to-end logistics solutions to optimize our clients’ supply chains.”