HURRICANE SIGNAL HOISTED FOR SUPER TYPHOON MANGKHUT
Hurricane Signal hoisted for Super Typhoon MANGKHUT
Sunday, September 16, 2018, Hong Kong
The Hurricane Signal, No. 10, was hoisted in Hong Kong at 09.00 hours local time today (16 September) as Severe Typhoon MANGKHUT was located at 20.8 N, 114.8 E, about 180 km south-southeast of Hong Kong.
Maximum sustained winds near centre are 175 km/h, and MANGKHUT is forecast to move towards the coast of western Guangdong today.
FORECAST POSITIONS & INTENSITIES
08:00 HKT 17 September 2018
– Position: 22.8 N, 108.6 E
– Classification: Severe Tropical Storm
– Maximum sustained wind near centre: 90 km/h
08:00 HKT 18 September 2018
– Position: 24.0 N, 102.5 E
– Classification: Low Pressure Area
– Maximum sustained wind near centre: 40 km/h
For information about operations in Hong Kong, contact GAC Hong Kong at firstname.lastname@example.org