Following on the highly successful series of conferences, RINA is pleased to return to Genoa for the seventh edition of its Super and Mega Yachts conference.
The last two decades saw the sheer size and complexity of super yachts increase also. The number of super and mega yachts in the global orders book has grown rapidly, requiring more sophisticated and efficient design procedures and building techniques.
The tradition aspect of vessel performance speed, fuel consumption, and seakeeping cannot be ignored but they may not be the primary objectives of a new customer, especially on large yachts, over 30 meters in length. In this class of vessels the effort of technical offices is focused mostly on other aspects related more to the aesthetic impact of the project (internal and external) and to the comfort on board.
Comfort on board a luxury yacht is obviously a key feature in all its aspects, like ship motions, noise and vibrations, windage and exhausts gases issues.
Papers will be presented on all aspects of large sail and motor yacht design, construction, and operation, from designers, researchers, manufacturers, operators, and regulators.
Topics include the following:
- All Aspects of Design – Hull, General Arrangement, etc.
- Energy efficiency & environmental issues
- Acoustic comfort and sea keeping
- New materials (glass or carbon fibres)
- New technologies to accelerate the ship design and ship building
- External finishes: external layer of gelcoat (fiberglass) or delicate process of filling, fairing and painting (aluminium or steel)
- Current & future regulation & classification
- Characteristics of propulsion – propellers and waterjets
- Lessons learnt in the design and production stage
- Growing environmental impact
- These yachts also engage in the leading market as entertainment space (helideck, submarines, high end AV, WIFI, health spa and gym.