A panel discussion on forging a sustainable world economy
The Global Public Investor is devoted to public sector asset ownership and management around the world, with the aim of spreading best practice among central banks, sovereign funds and public pension funds. OMFIF convenes members of this community and other senior global investors to unveil the sixth annual publication, launched for the first time in Asia.
There will be a panel discussion focusing on challenges and opportunities for global public investors and aligning investments to sustainable development goals. Participants will consider:
- Duties, obligations and limits of global public investors
- Economic context of the SDGs and the role of institutional investors
- Defining and promoting long-term value creation in GPI portfolios
- Impact of wealth and income inequality on GPI policies and investments
- GPI acquisitions and divestments: Navigating conflicts between principles and returns
Date: 12 June 2019
Time: 08:30 – 10:15
Venue: Singapore Exchange, Singapore
Due to security at the venue, attendees must be registered in advance.