High Level Investor Panel Kicks Off Global Blue Economy Finance Event – SOS 2019
With the theme of “Investing in Ocean Futures: Finance and Innovation for the Blue Economy”, the Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS) 2019 (20-22 November, Paris)will be the foremost international business conference dedicated to investment and innovation for ocean sustainable development.
The WOC SOS 2019 kicks off with a high level panel on “Investing in the Blue Economy: The Role of Institutional Investors, Banks and Investment Firms in Ocean Sustainable Development”.
Emma Navarro, Vice President, European Investment Bank (EIB) keynotes the session, which is chaired by Jacques Demers, Chair, York University Pension Fund.
They are joined by a top line panel which includes:
• Philippe Desfossés, CEO (ret.), French Public Service Additional Pension Scheme (ERAFP)
• Laurence Pessez, Director, Group Corporate Social Responsibility, BNP Paribas
• Michael van Niekerk, Managing Director, Peakview Strategy
• Divaldo Rezende, Global Head of Climate and Social Finance, Aenergy
• Ted Janulis, Founder, Investable Oceans
This highly experienced group will tackle key questions in the emerging world of Blue Finance:
• What are the experience, barriers and risks for institutional investment, banking and investment firms to work with ocean industries and sustainable development?
• Can existing investment programs targeting ocean industries (e.g. shipping, fishing, aquaculture, etc.) transition to including sustainable development and scale up investor interest across the ocean economy?
• How are ocean dimensions assessed across entire portfolios, and which ocean industry sectors or issues are most relevant to investors?