Introducing the Maritime Network of Women (M-NOW)
June 08, 2021 Copenhagen
Introducing the Maritime Network of Women (M-NOW) and it’s exciting mission to promote the professional advancement of women
A new organisation has been launched to vigorously promote the professional advancement of women in the field of shipping and associated enterprises and services. The Maritime Network of Women, or M-NOW for short, is based in Copenhagen, one of the great global hubs of the industry.
M-NOW is setting out to attract women from around the industry who occupy key roles in shipping and related fields at decision-making level or who are aspiring to a leadership position.
M-NOW has identified the manifest need in the maritime community for a dedicated network of active support to empower women in terms of broadening their outreach to like-minded professionals – if you are working in the shipping industry, you are a citizen of the world – and offering them access to prominent, first-class leaders of organisations who will inspire members by example.
The M-NOW constitution declares: “The association’s purpose is to form a professional network of women in shipping and other maritime-related fields. The association aims at strengthening women in their careers and professional development and provide overall support for women advancing in their career.”
Its board of directors will organise dynamic events to inspire, connect, and promote women through activities such as educational seminars, lectures, company visits, networking activities, and mentorship programmes.
The founding members of M-NOW are:
- Irene Rosberg – Programme Director, Executive MBA in Shipping & Logistics (The Blue MBA), Copenhagen Business School
- Connie S Gehrt – Consultant and Owner, CONOVAH Health and Safety Solutions
- Lora Jakobsen – Chief Purpose Activist, ZeroNorth
- Marie Steen Mikkelsen – Attorney, Offersen: Christoffersen Law Firm
- Jayme Gartner Demarchi – Finance and Supply Chain Officer, QDevil Inc
- Mila Varela Chouciño – Head of Labour Relations, AP Møller Maersk
- Mette Rosenby – Contract and Administration Manager, Bureau Veritas Marine & Offshore.
Leaders of M-NOW are working on an exciting inaugural programme of activities.
- Follow us through our LinkedIn Group for the latest activities
- For questions please contact: Jayme Gartner email@example.com