Maritime HR Fundamentals
For companies wishing to sustain a competitive advantage in today’s volatile and uncertain market, knowing how to effectively assess and manage Human Element performance is instrumental. As the Human Element is taking center stage in the Maritime Industry, it is becoming increasingly clear that the most important asset of an organisation, its people, is also the least understood.
To this end, we developed a course that aims to familiarize our clients with the main principles, practices and themes in designing successful Maritime Human Resource Management systems. The course brings together key insights from Organisational Psychology, Organisational Behaviour, Neuroscience and Human Resources. The training will be interactive and will consist of a combination of lectures and group activities.
During this course participants will:
- Understand the differences between the traditional and the modern paradigms in Human Resource Management
- Be provided a guide for building an HR strategy
- Know the main types of organisational structures and how these shape the culture in an organisation
- Understand how HR practices spread across organisational design elements
- Reflect on ways to shape positive experiences across the employee life cycle and promote employee satisfaction and well-being
- Learn insights from neuroscience on how to manage and motivate employee performance
- Develop a strategy for measuring HR outcomes
- The role of HR in organisational performance
- Building an HR strategy
- Organisational design and organisational culture
- The cycle of HR practices
- The employee life cycle
- Emotions in organisations
- Employee motivation, engagement and well-being
- Leadership, teamwork and accountability in modern organisations
- Emerging themes in contemporary HR: managing diversity, managing change, flexible work systems, people analytics, digitalization
- Skills of the HR professional
Who should attend
Shore and ship staff with a managerial or supervisory role who are involved in evaluating and in managing personnel for selection and/or development purposes, e.g. managers in general, crew managers, human resource officers, superintendents, marine superintendents/ port captains, masters, chief engineers, senior officers.
|DNV premises (5, Etolikou str., Piraeus)
|09:30hrs – 17:00hrs
|Ms. Mariangela Zanaki, Psychologist, HR Consultant, DNV’s Maritime Academy Trainer
|EURO 440/delegate (plus VAT)
To enrol in this course visit our Training PortalDNV External – Browse Catalogue.
Our training portal may always keep you updated with the upcoming public courses scheduled by our Academy.
Should you require any further information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Best Regards, Vassilia Dimitrakou, Senior Academy Advisor, Deputy Regional Maritime Academies Manager
Maritime Service Centre
DNV HELLAS Single Member S.A. General Register of Commerce Number 44409907000 email@example.com
Landline +30 210 4100200
Watch our 100 years of DNV in Greece video