Vital statistics of results of the allaboutshipping 100 Top Women in Shipping for 2020
By Anny Zade
Following the results as well as hundreds of messages via all social media and communication channels we bring you some vital statistics from the tabulation of the 189 women voted for inclusion in the www.allaboutshipping.co.uk’s 100 Top Women in Shipping for 2020.
Continent-wise they come from:
Nation-wise they emanate from (ten top nations):
Business and profession-wise they are involved in (top ten) :
6.Media / Journalism
7.Classification Societies and Banking
9.Technical / Technology
10.Ports & Terminals and P&I
The majority are based in the United Kingdom. Also the majority belong to the British Commonwealth. The second largest group have Latino connections – Central and South American included.
- A great number of these women as in the list of 2019 are members of WISTA.
- 25 (twenty-five) have dual nationality.
- 26 (twenty-six) are new entrants.
- 30 (thirty) come primarily from shipping families and secondarily from seafaring ones
- 37 (thirty-seven) have made successful careers outside their country of origin – as expats, after graduating from university and or for family reasons.
- 70 (seventy) are involved in an association or society within the Shipping Industry.
Some hold a Doctorate Degree, others a Ph.D, quite a few MBA’s, and over 65 (sixty-five) a Master’s Degree; the remaining hold a Bachelor’s Degree, an MA and those at Sea or from Seafaring jobs a Master’s or Chief Mate’s ticket or the equivalent in Marine Engineering.
In the voting, 1,580 women received from one to 91,007 points. Last year, 1,510 women got from one to 92,800.
A great number of them are involved one way or another with charitable work. Some are offering scholarships.
All speak English.
All are sensitive to environmental issues.
The majority are married and have children.
Finally, as we have observed their careers – some of them for decades, they excel in mentorship and ethics.
We wish them continuing success and let’s see what happens next year – voting begins on Tuesday 1st of February 2022 and ends on Friday the 11th of February 2022 with the results on Friday the 18th of February 2022. Get ready and remember: One vote only for your Top Woman in Shipping.