In this HOT PORT NEWS, read about:
* Nigeria, all ports – Nigerian holidays for Christmas & New Year
* Australia, Melbourne – ORCV Ocean Races to Tasmania
* Turkey, all ports – Amendments to tariffs
DATE: December 22, 2011-COUNTRY: Nigeria-PORT: all ports-Nigerian holidays for Christmas & New Year
The Federal Government of Nigeria has declared Monday 26 and Tuesday 27
December 2011, as well as Monday 2 January 2012, public holidays to mark
Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day celebrations.
For information about operations in Nigeria contact GAC Nigeria at
DATE: December 22, 2011-COUNTRY: Australia-PORT: Melbourne-ORCV Ocean Races to Tasmania
Up to 50 ocean going yachts ranging in size between from 9 and 20 metres
will participate in the ORCV Ocean Races to Tasmania starting from Portsea
Pier, Melbourne, on 27 December.
Starting signal flares will be fired at 0:55, 0956 and 1000 hours. At 0945
hours Ocean Racing will broadcast an update of shipping movements on VHF Ch
12. All yachts are required to monitor this broadcast and maintain a
listening watch until 2 nm outside the Heads, then revert to the race
If tide and weather conditions are suitable, the start may be delayed for a
period to avoid shipping in the Heads.
For information about operations in Australia contact GAC Australia at
DATE: December 22, 2011-COUNTRY: Turkey-PORT: all ports-Amendments to tariffs
Amendments to KEGM’s “Tariff for Pilotage, Towage and Other Services” will
be imposed from 1 January, 2012.
According to the Istanbul & Marmara, Aegean, Mediterranean, Black Sea
Regions Chamber of Shipping Circular No.657/2011, the revisions are as
1. In the port services, the additional charge for holiday which was
imposed after 13:00 o’clock on Saturdays has been revoked.
2. Apart from tankers, the danger pay rate for ships carrying goods
classified in IMDG Code as Class 2-5.1-5.2 and 6.2 has been decreased from
30% to 10%.
3. The outer harbour status of Zeyport has been cancelled.
4. Under the article 3.1.3/2 of the tariff, Well Deck, Dummy Barge,
Pontoon, Discharger Flap, Floating Crane and Barge has been removed from
the class of the sea vehicles which are not in the form of ship.
5. In the article 3.2.7/1 of the tariff, the 50% additional fee imposed to
the ships having engine failure has been cancelled.
6. The tariff has been added a provision requiring collection of a fixed
charge of USD$1000 per day and number from the ships which fails to meet
draft requirements for the Dummy Barge services (including traction) upon
the requests from Karakoy, Salipazari and Sarayburnu Docks.
7. Pursuant to the article 231/5 of Tax Procedural Law, considering that
invoicing within 7 days is obligatory and also provided that the
harmonization with the Lighthouse and Salvage Tariff is ensured, the
payment period of 8 days as specified the Article 126.96.36.199.2 has been
decreased to 7 days.
It has been decided that:
1. In order for the ships to receive more discounts if they come to Turkey
more, Liners and Cruisers having a size of 10.000 gross tons or above and
arriving at Istanbul and Izmir Ports in more than 20 (included) cruises in
a calendar year shall receive a Lighthouse and Salvage fee discount at a
rate of 20% for 20 (included)-30 cruises, 30% for 30 (included)-40 cruises,
40% for 40 (included)-50 cruises and 50% for 50 cruises and above. Within
the same calendar year, the ships having a length of more than 300 meters
calling at Marmara Ports shall receive, within their own class, a discount
in Canakkale passage Pilotage fee (1 Cruise = 2 passage (GIC+KG)) at a rate
of 20% for 20 (included)-30 cruises, 30% for 30 (included)-40 cruises, 40%
for 40 (included)-50 cruises and 50% for 50 cruises and above.
2. In unplanned escorting services, if a Tugboat having high traction power
is sent, a tugboat unplanned Escorting Service Base Fee shall incur as
– 20-39, 9 tons tugboat fee for ships having a size of 0-5000 GRT ships
– 40-59, 9 tons tugboat fee for ships having a size of 5001-10000 GRT
– 60-79, 9 tons tugboat fee for ships having a size of 10001-25000 GRT
– 80 and above tons tugboat fee for ships having a size of 25001 GRT
For information about operations in Turkey