The Korean Register of Shipping (KR) has become one of the first classification societies to go mobile with the launch of a brand new app called “SMART Fleet”.
“SMART Fleet” is a unique app available on Android and iOS platforms that delivers up-to-the-minute information on vessels, fleets, surveys, audits, port state control and more.
Two levels of information are available. The ordinary user can view basic information while companies that own or operate KR classed ships are given visibility over the full range of data.
Key information delivered on the move, direct to the phone includes:
• Fleet lists, survey status, reports and schedules
• A complete vessel register
• Classification rules
• PSC detentions, checklists and reports
• Technical information
• Publications and survey guidelines
Other useful functions incorporated in SMART-Fleet include a “push notification system” used to receive urgent messages concerning PSC detentions and technical updates as well as a “surveyor locator” which uses location based services technology to identify the KR survey office nearest to the phone user.
Along with SMART Fleet, KR has also developed a mobile web version of KR-CON, an internationally appraised database program of IMO instruments.
The mobile web version of KR-CON will allow mobile device users to get easy access to a comprehensive range of IMO instruments on the go.
On launching the two products KR Chairman & CEO Oh Kong-gyun said:
“In today’s fully wired world, the busy shipping executive expects global, anytime access to vital vessel information. This innovative new service brings KR bang up to date with the latest technology and delivers a value added service to the industry. We are proud to be one of the first classification societies to offer such a comprehensive mobile service and we fully expect others to follow suit. The days of instantly available information are here to stay”
See our movie for more information http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0G3A_TFwg4
The Korean Register of Shipping is an IACS member classification society established in 1960 with the purpose of promoting safety of life, property and the protection of the marine environment.
SMART-Fleet contains the following:
1. KR e-fleet
• List of vessels and their particulars for ship owners • Survey status • Survey report • Survey schedule • Status of certificate • ISPS/SMC audit status 2. Register of Ships
3. KR Rules for the Classification of Steel Ships 2008 ~ 2012
4. Port State Control
• PSC detention information • PSC Checklist (for owners) • PSC Annual Report
5. Technical Information
• Convention related technical information • Port related technical information • Statutory services related information • Other technical information
• PSC • ISM • ISPS • MLC
7. KR network & directory
• KR worldwide directory • KR global survey network via Google Map
8. List of KR approved service suppliers
9. ISM, ISPS, PSC, statutory survey guidelines
10. KR Promotion Items
• Promotional Video • Brochures • Annual Reports