Thome Ship Management has strengthened its senior management tier by appointing Mr Steen Nygaard Madsen as Chief Operating Officer (COO) for the Thome Ship Management Tanker Fleet.
Mr Madsen will take up the position on June 1 this year. He brings with him solid experience in running ships, stemming from his seagoing career as well as his time with A.P Moller in Copenhagen where he was operationally responsible for a large section of its fleet. Previously, he was also Technical Director for Nordic Tankers/Herning-Shipping .
Besides his specific experience of running vessels to a very high standard, Steen adds substantial leadership knowledge and hands-on experience in overseeing new-building projects from various yards in Denmark, Germany, Korea and China.
• Thome Group of Companies is a dynamic provider of integrated ship management services to the international shipping and offshore industries. Based in Singapore, and celebrating 50 years of service, the Thome Group of Companies represents a unique combination of the best elements of Scandinavian shipping tradition with the modern drive of Asian business enterprise.
• From ship management to running offshore vessels, FSOs and FPSOs, port agency, vessel inspection, newbuilding site supervision, and crew training, Thome offers a complete range of services and products under one roof.
• The Thome Group has grown to be recognised as one of the world’s leading independent international ship managers with more than 200 vessels under technical management serviced by 600 shore staff and 10, 000 crew members. In addition, the Thome Group has 120 vessels under pure crew management engagements.
• Today, Thome Ship Management ranks among, and is recognized by leading industry stakeholders, as one of the best performing global ship management companies with a wide range of clients from every corner of the world.
• Since the very beginning when Thome started its ship management operations, the company has built up a solid list of principals, associates and clients from Central Europe, Scandinavia and from across Asia, Japan, Indonesia and Korea in particular. Thome Group Principals are mainly blue-chip, often stock market listed shipping companies and recognised as prominent leaders in their own fields.