Formerly a partner at Clydes in Singapore, Chris Edwards joins the Singapore office in June. We are also delighted to announce that a Senior Associate from a leading international shipping law firm in Hong Kong will join our Singapore office in September as a Legal Director. Further details will be announced shortly.
Chris has over 18 years of experience in handling shipping, trade and insurance disputes in Singapore and the South East Asia Region and is a leading figure in the marine insurance market in Singapore. He is a ranked individual in Chambers Global Directory and has been named a Top Ten Legal Personality in the Lloyds List annual global review of the most influential people in shipping.
Tony Goldsmith, head of Hill Dickinson’s Singapore office commented: “We are delighted to welcome Chris to strengthen our offering in our core practise areas. He has built a significant reputation in his chosen areas of specialism. I am also very pleased to have attracted someone who has made his home in Singapore over many years”.
Kennedys Partner Anthony Woo will join the Hong Kong operation in September. Anthony has built up a strong reputation advising ship owners and charterers on charter party disputes as well as defending ship owner/freight forwarders on cargo claims. Hill Dickinson’s Hong Kong office operates in association with Laracy & Co, providing specialist local commercial litigation, collision, salvage and marine casualty expertise within Asia and beyond. Led by Master Mariner and long-standing partner, Mike Mallin, the team includes experienced litigator and arbitrator, Damien Laracy.
The Hong Kong team is closely aligned to Hill Dickinson’s well-established Singapore team, providing a convenient pan-Asia base for its clients. Its Singapore office, headed up by Tony Goldsmith, handles all manner of casualty, salvage, P&I, FD&D and insurance work. Clients number many of the leading shipowners, cruise and ferry operators, charterers, shipyards, P&I clubs, port and terminal operators, underwriters and traders.
Mike Mallin, Partner, said the appointments were a crucial element in Hill Dickinson’s efforts to bolster its presence in the Far East. He said: “Our Hong Kong office has definitely hit the ground running as there are very few other firms of our calibre in Hong Kong doing the kind of work we do. And our work in Hong Kong can only backup the success we are achieving in Singapore.”
About Hill Dickinson
• Hill Dickinson LLP is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with more than 1, 300 people including 180 partners, with offices in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Sheffield, Piraeus, Monaco, Singapore and Hong Kong.
• The firm delivers advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work to all forms of dispute resolution.
• Hill Dickinson prides itself on fostering the strongest client relationships and adding value through innovation. The firm acts as a trusted adviser to businesses, organisations and individuals within a wide range of specialist market sectors: including transport and logistics and international trade, through to retail, insurance, marine, health, education, manufacturing, public sector and banking and financial services.
Hill Dickinson has been recognised locally, regionally and nationally with awards for excellence in service delivery. Recent awards include:
• Legal Services Team 11+ Partners Award, Claims Innovation Awards 2014
• Investors in Diversity Awards 2013, National Centre for Diversity
• Dispute Resolution Award, Liverpool Law Society Legal Awards 2013
• Commercial Award, Liverpool Law Society Legal Awards 2013
• Ultimate Challenge Award, The Prince’s Trust Fairbridge Awards 2013