Maritime Impact is the new DNV GL magazine for maritime customers and stakeholders. With a diverse range of stories and topics, this first issue shows how DNV GL is focussed on helping our customers, in both newbuildings and existing vessels, to maximise efficiency, ease regulatory compliance and improve safety for vessels and their crews. Simon Admas writes:
“I am very pleased to introduce the first issue of our new DNV GL magazine for our maritime customers, ” says Tor E. Svensen, Chief Executive Officer of DNV GL Maritime. “Maritime Impact will be a place where we can share the best that DNV GL has to offer and provide an interesting and enlightening mix of the most important issues facing the maritime world today.
”The magazine is designed to showcase some of the many projects, innovations and experiences from DNV GL, our customers and maritime stakeholders. It shows how DNV GL can bring greater technological expertise, experience and enhanced innovation capabilities to bear across the whole maritime industry.“
Maritime Impact also gives us a place to turn the spotlight on our customers – getting their perspectives, insights and ideas on how their work with DNV GL, the state of the shipping industry and their vision for the future”, says Tor Svensen.
The first issue has stories which cover some of the diverse challenges the shipping industry faces today:
- safe operations, how can the industry improve its safety record,
- the smart integration of ICT, the connected ship holds great promise not just for boosting efficiency but helping to reduce accidents at sea,
- trim optimization and Bulbous bow refits, easy and practical options to save fuel through enhanced energy efficiency,
- offshore vessels, how can we mitigate risks and reduce costs,
- Rickmers Shipmanagement, share their experience and the advantages they have gained through using DNV GL’s ShipManager software system
- the EEDI and ship safety, A new study from DNV GL looks at the impact of the regulations
Throughout our history, DNV GL has focused on bringing greater technological expertise, experience and enhanced innovation capabilities to projects with our partners and the shipping industry as a whole. And as we celebrate 150 years of service to the shipping and offshore industries this year, we are focusing not just on our past but on the future, so that our customers can benefit from our long-term commitment to safety, quality, technology and the environment.