Delegates attending this year’s International Shipping Conference, organised yesterday in London by the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS), were also able to continue their high-level debates and discussions over drinks and canapés during a post-conference reception, sponsored by Bibby Ship Management.
Guests included key maritime leaders such as International Maritime Organisation Secretary-General, Koji Sekimizu, and ICS Chairman, Masamichi Morooka. Guests mingled with speakers and ship owners to further consider a number of key issues of relevance to international sea trade, including environmental regulation, and the implementation and enforcement of maritime rules.
Sir Michael Bibby of Bibby Line Group said: “Bibby Ship Management is a keen supporter of the International Chamber of Shipping so we were delighted to sponsor the drinks reception at the end of the International Shipping Conference. We had a strong turnout and positive discussions and everyone had a lovely evening.”
Bibby Ship Management provides marine solutions to the global maritime industry.
- Operates in 16 locations in 7 countries – UK, Isle of Man, India, Norway, Philippines, Singapore, Sweden , Ukraine
- Part of the Bibby Line Group that has been in shipping for over 200 years
- Dedicated maritime training centres – India & Ukraine
- Manages over 60 vessels including:
- Product Tankers
- Oil & Gas Carriers
- Anchor Handling
- Jack-up Rigs
- Bulk carriers
- Accommodation barges
- c50% of vessels are in the offshore industry
• Marine Services include:
- – Technical Management
- – Crew Management
- – Crew Supply
- – Training
- – Travel
- – Statutory Management
- – Cadet Management
- – Payroll
- – Consultancy
- – Industrial Relations
- – Ship Lay-Up Solutions
- – Yacht Management
- – Marine and Offshore Surveying
• c4, 000 seafarers / c300 onshore staff
• Recently acquired GAC Travel and Murray Fenton (India) Surveyors Limited
For more information visit: www.bibbyshipmanagement.com
The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) is the principal international trade association for the shipping industry, representing shipowners and operators in all sectors and trades.
ICS membership comprises national shipowners’ associations in Asia, Europe and the Americas whose member shipping companies operate over 80% of the world’s merchant tonnage.