25th November 2014 – In order to offer a more comprehensive service on the Asia-East Africa trade, Evergreen Line is to adjust its existing AEF joint service and enter into an slot exchange agreement with CMA CGM and Emirates Shipping Line on their ASEA service. Both moves will take effect in December.
This increased cooperation with its service partners will double Evergreen’s sailing frequency on the Asia – East Africa trade to twice weekly, one dedicated to Mombasa (Kenya) and the other one to Dar es Salaam (Tanzania). The arrangement will help to reduce the impact of port congestion in East Africa and enhance the service performance.
The port rotations, vessel sizes and effective dates of the changes in service are as follows:
- AEF route: effective as of the Singapore sailing on December 6
- Rotation: Port Klang – Tanjung Pelepas – Singapore – Colombo – Mombasa – Port Klang
- Fleet: five vessels of 2, 500 – 2, 800 TEU (three contributed by Evergreen, one by COSCO and the other by X-Press Feeders)
- ASEA route: effective as of the Singapore sailing on December 9
- Rotation: Singapore – Tanjung Pelepas – Port Klang – Colombo – Dar Es Salaam – Singapore
- Fleet: six vessels of 2, 500 – 2, 800 TEU (four provided by CMA CGM and two by Emirates Shipping Line
The service changes in December will further extend Evergreen’s service efficiency in the East Africa as well as closely connect the region’s major ports to the carrier’s global network via its trans-shipment hubs in Tanjung Pelepas, Singapore and Colombo.