Our fourteenth weekly recapitulation of the shipping markets, their respective main indices and world geopolitics affecting same in 2015, tonight Thursday the 2nd of April 2015, with John Faraclas of AllAboutShipping in London.
- The BDI closed earlier on eight points down since yesterday Wednesday the 1st of Apri lat 588 points, which is also eight points down since last week’s 596 points
- The BCI was minus nine points since yesterday at 454 which is also two points down since last week’s 456 points…
- The BPI was down seven points at 589 which is seven points down since last weeks 596 points.
- The BSI was down ten points at 636 which is 11 points down since last week’s 647 points.
- The BHSI was also down three points at 386 points which is four points down since last week’s 390 points.
So, all in all again WEAK downward dry market… CAUTION!
Another downfall for the wets with:
- The Dirties and its BDTI index down five points since last published at 804 which is seven points down since last week’s 811 points; the Cleans and the respective BCTI was also on a falling modus, but just one point at 675 which is on the other hand up four points since last week’s 671 causing further disturbances…
With the geopolitics once again in a bigger mess, ensure all is well. “Surprising events might jeopardise world trade!!!
Ukraine, technically a bankrupt state, unfortunately, just manages to breathe. A new Gas deal with Russia is there, but once again the situation is not yet over.
- The Eurozone lead by Germany is having a tough time with Greece’s new coalition government and still locked in an unprecedented exchange of emails, and electronic meetings, but still far apart to strike a deal. It’s a both to blame collision as we say in marine insurance terms!!! On another tone, which has to do with the well being of the Greeks, Privatisation and investment is the name of the game for Greece and Europe. China too can participate in more investments particularly with the ailing greek shipyards and other ports. Add entrance in the Athens Exchanges! Russia too and India can invest in Greece and Germany can also construct its new warships in Greece. Meantime Reform Forces held a forum with excellent papers at the Athinais Auditorium in Athens; a glimpse of hope!
- The Middle East with the ISIS saga continues. This time we learned tht they have now enterd suburbs in Damascus. President Obama must act now!
- Yemen will produce further shocks. Watch it! Aden is nearby and having another mess following the rebels storming at the Presidential Palace…
- The Nigerian Presidential elections hopefully might produce a better environment; we shall see – its early days. General Muhammadu Buhari promised to end the BOKO HARAM mess…. He knows well!
- In Kenya now: the attack at Garissa University assault ‘killed 147’… madness…
- The UK Elections are under way; will the Tories lead the way on the 7th of May? Can they make it again?
Viewers can see the live video herebelow. Enjoy the long Easter break and be on guard.