The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST) has launched a new category of membership for organisations, providing access to membership benefits, knowledge-sharing, online promotion and exclusive discounts.
The new category, entitled ‘Marine Members’, enables organisations to sign up five Affiliate Members to the Institute, feature on a new online directory and receive a copy of the acclaimed Marine Professional magazine.
Charlotte Lord, Communications Director at IMarEST commented: “We currently support a growing number of marine organisations around the world in a number of ways. Launching this new Marine Member category will enable any size organisation, wherever they are in the world, to benefit from joining the IMarEST.
“We wanted to develop something that would really add value to organisations. By signing up five Affiliate members of the IMarEST as part of the Marine Membership, it supports the professional development of staff, whilst a posting on our new Marine Directory also allows for added promotional profile for companies.”
Costing just £850 +VAT for a 12 month subscription, Marine Members will obtain a series of additional benefits from discounted advertising rates in the IMarEST membership magazine, to joining Special Interest Groups and is open to all organisations, whether corporate, academic or charitable.
To join or find out more, please visit: www.imarest.org/
About IMarEST ‘Marine Membership’
Open to all companies and organisations, Marine Membership of the IMarEST provides access to membership benefits, knowledge-sharing, online promotion and exclusive discounts.
- Affiliate Membership for 5 named members of staff (includes digital subscription to The Marine Professional, access to the Virtual Library and additional member benefits).
- A listing in the IMarEST’s Marine Directory.
- A hard copy subscription of The Marine Professional- the IMarEST’s industry-recognised monthly publication, sent to your office.
- 10% discount on advertising in The Marine Professional.
- Discounted delegate rates to IMarEST events & training courses for all your staff.
- Opportunity to join and participate in the IMarEST’s Special Interest Groups.
- Advice on developing company professional development frameworks and creating continuous professional development opportunities for your employees.
- Opportunity to submit press releases to the IMarEST Newsroom.
- Opportunity to submit press releases for the IMarEST’s bi-monthly e-Marine newsletter which is distributed to over 23, 000 marine professionals globally.
- An annual subscription of £850 ex VAT
- Marine Membership is open to all organisations, whether corporate, academic or charitable. Join online atwww.imarest.org/
About the Institute of Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST)
The IMarEST is an international membership body and learned society for all marine professionals. It is the first Institute to bring together marine engineers, marine scientists and marine technologists into one international multi-disciplinary professional body. It is the largest marine organisation of its kind with a worldwide membership of over 16, 000 based in 128 countries.
Working with the global marine community, the IMarEST promotes the scientific development of marine engineering, science and technology, providing opportunities for the exchange of ideas and practices and upholding the status, standards and expertise of marine professionals worldwide.
The IMarEST has a growing network of Corporate Marine Partners who benefit from a tailored programme to support each global organisation’s specific requirements. Packages provide companies with a competitive edge by investing in staff and supporting Initial and Continuous Professional Development, supporting local, national, or international promotional programmes, providing specialised recruitment solutions, accrediting training courses, creating exclusive online networking and collaborative working, developing bespoke networking events and providing company employees with access to one of the largest online knowledge resources – the IMarEST’s extensive Virtual Library.
The IMarEST is a respected authority in every maritime country. It is a Non-Governmental Organisation with consultative status at the International Maritime Organization (IMO), observer status at the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission and International Hydrographic Organization (IHO), and it has special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC), which facilitates its access to other international intergovernmental meetings where its specialized marine expertise is of particular use, e.g., the United Nations meetings on Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and the work of the International Seabed Authority on marine mining. It is a nominated and licensed body of the Engineering Council (UK), a member of the Science Council and has significant links with many other maritime organisations worldwide.
IMarEST runs a series of industry leading and technically excellent events and conferences as well as publishing the internationally recognised publication, The Marine Professional.